General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Buying (X-Car) To Save My F-Body Argument

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 08:55 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordon0652
Outch, burned.
All kidding aside, I like the TBSS. My neighbor has one that is AWD and smoked my g37 w/ full exhaust and CAI. He had all bolt ons and I couldn't catch traction.

A bit more snow. My buddy with a 4x4 f-150 was impressed that I didn't get stuck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbVB1p3XKHE
Old 01-08-2010, 09:48 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,146 Posts

Originally Posted by sundaydriver
The only slippery areas on my drive to work was the 1/2 inch of gravel laid full width of the road along with the deicer. You just can't wash away that damage done to the paint.

I've been stuck behind the gravel/salt/plow trucks on the expressway before with my '02 car. The front clip has certainly taken some paint damage from that.

One time I got stuck behind the gravel dumper for about 5-10 miles before I was able to pass. The entire front of my car was caked in rocks, to the point where it looked less like a car and more like an unpaved alley. Thankfully, the front had first been caked in ice and snow before I came up on the plow truck so all those rocks never hit the paint. Coulda been ugly otherwise.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about you guys, but my car doesn't get around at all in the rain. I bought a Trans Am because it is built for performance, not driving around in the rain/snow/sleet. I drive it whenever I can when I KNOW it is going to be nice out while I have it out. Besides that, it sits in the shed. I've got other things to take care instead of cleaning up my car every-other day just to keep it nice. My $2,500 beater does its job getting better gas mileage and saving my paint/under-body

*Not having enough money is no excuse if you currently own an F-Body. If you are truly poor, do the economical thing: sell your car, buy a Civic. You didn't get in this game to save money, because these cars cost a lot to properly maintain.

Last edited by Tscape16; 01-09-2010 at 12:00 PM.