General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

have i run my spark plugs too long

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tuffluck
i think i deserve an award. 1 hour and 32 minutes to change the plugs. pretty easy. i did this 5 years ago or so, so the plugs came out easily and luckily i had already taken out the rear coil pack screw and NOT put it back in as suggested to me 5 years ago, so removing the passenger side coil pack was pretty simple.

quick question...the electrical connection on the coil pack on the passenger side--the plastic "snap" on it broke off. it seems to be connected snug without the plastic locking mechanism, but i guess a bump could jar it loose. what can i do to make sure it doesn't come off?

also, probably unrelated, but i was giving my car some gas in the parking lot after changing the plugs. i noticed when i gave my car gas the lights flickered? i'm sure it is unrelated to the spark plug changing, but what the heck is that? the alternator was well powered at that point and its voltage was not flickering, just the inside and outside lights. not hard flickering, but noticeable. it did it every time i messed with it. thanks for the help!
I'm guessing you created a short to ground and it's taking all the juice

Check the spark plug wires for tears and if there are any sparks.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

weird, it went away after the motor warmed up. i didn't see any tears or sparks either.

do you guys think that electric plug will be okay on the coil pack even though i can't snap it into place? i drove around for a while and no problems, but just wondering...