General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

How often does somebody ride shotgun with you?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 04:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost never..
Old 02-04-2010, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mmm... maybe about 15% of the time. I ride solo for the most part, in all of my vehicles.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Staging Lane

wife rides shotgun maybe once a year. i tote the kids around to local car shows, but they are too young to be in the front.

whenever i get together with friends to go to a car show, we do the swingers thing and each drive our own cars.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:53 AM
The House is Rockin'

nobody rides sg with me hardly ever, i need as much weight reduction as possible for for those redlight encounters
Old 02-05-2010, 12:10 PM
12 Second Club

I usually have one other passenger on ocasions. Sometimes 2 others if they absolutley need a ride. But most of the time I just make others walk, even in the rain. I hate giving into giving people rides because then they will ask all the time. Part of the reason I'll be deleting my rear seat this spring.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:35 PM
TECH Regular

My passenger leather seat is like brand new. My grandsons ride with me occassionally (10 and 12) they fight over shotgun.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:48 PM
11 Second Club

All you solo guys out there are lucky, I usually have a whole pile of friends that wanna go for a ride. Doesn't really help the stoplight race scenerio out much. Guess I just need more hp, Right?
Old 02-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Teching In

The backseat is to small
Old 02-09-2010, 04:59 PM
TECH Resident

Not very often in the camaro. In my dd there's a passenger about 3/4 of the week.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:50 AM
On The Tree

Probably 50% of the time here.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is just a bit off subject, but I'm gonna tell the story anyways...

I live in small town and one evening my fiance' and I were in the Firebird crusing town. We came upon the local hangout spot (an old convenience store parking area) and noticed there was a group of my friends gathered there. The fiance', who was simply my girlfriend at the time, hadn't ridden in the car but a couple of times. I preceded to rip off a couple of donuts for the crowd and while doing so, the girlfriend is freaking out, saying **** like, "if you're gonna do this, don't do it with me in the car!"

So once I completed my final "roundtrip", I tell her, "Do you see all those people watching us? Every single one of them wants to be right where you are, right now. Whatta you think of that? Do you still want out of the car?"

I don't recall if she had an answer to my questions, but obviously she is now my fiance' and we are still together, so I'd say she got over it.

All this talk of passengers reminded me of this little experience and I thought it would be best if I shared it with the ls1tech crowd.

Oh... and to answer the O.P.'s question, very seldom do I have a passenger unless its her. And I can't remember the last time I had anyone in the back seats.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:44 AM
Launching!

Very rarely. But If I'm in the sedan or the van...jump in!
Old 02-10-2010, 07:34 PM
TECH Resident

Usually just me and the lady or a friend. However, I can remember twice when someone rode in the back. We went to a Browns game and and the guy in the back sat sideways all the way there and back because the guy in the front is like 6'1" so the seat was back a good ways. the second time I had a car full of girls going to IHOP. Like one in the front and two in the back seat. This is only fun until they turn the radio on and everyone is singing soprano. That was too much estrogen in the car.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by araber89
We went to a Browns game and and the guy in the back sat sideways all the way there and back because the guy in the front is like 6'1" so the seat was back a good ways.
I sat sideways in the backseat of a 3rd gen TA for like 10 minutes and had to bail. I'm 6'2" and it was rancid. I don't even like riding shotgun in F-bodies. Seems like my knees are always leaning on the dash. When it comes to being in a F-body, I'm driving mine or nothing. It seems like everyone else car is a lot smaller than mine, and I don't know why.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Teching In

All the time...i do like those solo cruises every now and then. it is funny how my parents have only been in the car a few times since i got the car and how i have to drive real nice for them...with my friends, there's almost always someone to go cruisin/whatever with.. nuttin better than t-tops off and a girl to go driving in the summer.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
About the only time I have a passenger is after a decent mod, then I give test rides to other f body friends Other then that the passenger seat is pretty lonely, and thats fine with me.
x2. Already have several people wanting to see what type of gains the cam made. While it isn't the most comfortable vehicle to ride in, it IS the most fun (regarding my friends at least).
Old 02-16-2010, 07:36 PM
Teching In

I usually fly solo, but both of my kids (6 and 5) love riding in my T/A, so I often find myself jamming a car seat into the back of it.

Gotta start 'em young you know
Old 02-16-2010, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never!!! All i need is me, myself, and Ms. Bad *** ************....
Old 02-16-2010, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

Idk what the weight limit is on the SS, or if my shocks are shot, but if there is much more than myself -- anytime I hit a bump, it can sure make a butthole pucker...
Old 02-20-2010, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hardly ever, unless I'm on a date. I think the last time I had another person in car car with me was back in Sept.

It gets more pass seat use in the summer though, if I go anywhere with just one person (usually a chick) I usually like to drive, so I can pull the tops off. I find the girls love it in the summer too, lol.

It's kind of funny, I've been dating this girl for almost 2 months now, and she still doesn't know about the existance of "the other woman". It doesn't get much use this time of year, I've mostly been driving my Jeep, which as far as I know is all she thinks I have. If she's worthy I'll surprise her with it on a nice day this spring.

As far as the back seat, I've owned the car for over 2 years, and I can count on one hand the times I've had someone in the back.