General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

How are you paying for your 4th gens?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 12:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paid cash for my last 4th gen. But, it was a '94 LT1 Camaro, and I only paid $4200 for it. Ended up taking out a loan at my local bank for the T/A. I think my interest rate was 8.5-9%. Not 100% sure though. And I was 20, with basically no credit, when I got the loan. But, my dad co-signed for me to make sure I'd get it.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 162 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
I guess when you a kid it is different. To me it's the opposite, like I don't understand how you can not pay cash for something, it's just so weird and goes against everything I have learned.

I was just a little short on my 99 WS6 and I wanted to just loan the rest, I had $9k of the $10k I needed. My mom just went ahead and let me borrow the rest from her. Anyways I got my hours severely cut the same day, I went from making $100 a week to about $20. The moral of the story is I would have been fucked.
Dude really? You were making $100 dollars a week and bout a T/A? I've been reading the stuff you have been saying for the last year or so and this one just takes the cake. I was kinda impressed at first with you owning your old T/A and restoring it and stuff but you are by far, the dumbest 16 year old I have been aquianted with!

You bought a ******* expensive car when you make less than $400 a month!?!?! Than you actually take a hit and start making less thand $200 a month. Good thing mommy and daddy pay for everything else for you or you would be ******* **** out of luck. Thank you for the good laugh sir. You gave me a lot to be thankful for. I understand you dont' know what its like to have an IQ above 80 but knowing better than blowing your whole load every month for a little bit of fun is ******* rediculous. I no longer take all my **** for granted. I thought I was a dumbass by blowing 20% of my monthly income on two cars, full coverage, plus maintanence but never ******* mind!!

Like all of my posts, this one came out mean also but for real, for real? I'm just so baffled and confused that we have americans that actually think like this.

edit: Again the restoration you did on that old T/A was really nice. But you never did dyno it so your claims of hp/tq are

Last edited by Finkledbody; 02-25-2010 at 01:39 AM. Reason: I really am an asshole and I'm sorry, I'll work on my way of expressing my opinion in a less unfavorable fashion. Muh bad.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my loan through my credit union. They are the best way to go if you have one in town!
Old 02-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it hasn't been mentioned yet; Try looking into a local credit union with your town, city or state, or possibly with a civil organization. Many city and state employees may have access to a credit union financial institution, so a good avenue could be to try to either join a credit union or see whether the union will give you a loan on the basis of being sponsored by a credit union member.

Good luck, and watch those interest rates. Any rate above 8% in my opinion you should stay away from.