General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Shipping costs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 04:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping costs?

I need to ship my car from Hawaii to Germany.

Anyone know the approximate cost or have a link to a company that does this?

Scott
Old 03-13-2010, 08:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow...I can't even image what that would cost.

A friend of mine shipped his car from Boston to LA, and that cost him about 1,500 bucks.

You might be better off selling it and buying something once you get to Germany.

Good luck! Let us know what you find out!
Old 03-13-2010, 08:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts

Just to give you a ballpark figure, my neighbor sold a collector car to a buyer in Dubai in the Middle East this past September. The car had to meet all types of inspections, customs paperwork, tie-downs, crating, insurance, etc and naturally each incurred a fee. Fed Ex was used and the cost was near $4,000. The car ('89 Mercedes 560SL) arrived in tip top shape with no issues. Transporting in your situation might be easier since you live on the island and won't need extra transport to the shipping point. I have a feeling it still may be in this price area though. It won't be cheap. I've read on the Porsche forums that a simple transport from NY or Philly to Germany (many air-cooled 911s are heading back to the homeland) can run from $2,000 to $3,000. That's just a straight shot across the Atlantic, so yours is that much further, and therefore more expensive. Fed Ex will give quotes on the phone.