General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Finally got some headers for the Formy

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 12:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got some headers for the Formy

I have been putting off buying headers (or anything for that matter) for the past year. Guy on a local forum sold his TA awhile back and had a set of brand new never installed pacesetters, y pipe, and o2 extensions for a very good deal so I snagged them. Now the fun of installing headers on a F-body....

These are the race style (of course) so hopefully it goes pretty smooth. I have installed 2 sets of pacesetters on LT1's and everything fix perfectly, but was a PITA anyways. Actually I installed mine 3 times onto my LT1 and once onto my brothers lt1. Don't ask why lol.

I will be running the stock catback for now, but hopefully I still get a decent power gain from it. I will have it tuned by Bluecat soon also.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:51 AM
Launching!

Let us know how easy or hard that install turns out to be. I am looking to get some race style headers myself hopefully some time soon. I will prob be doing the install myself also so looking for some advice lol. Nice T/A
Old 03-22-2010, 01:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lazyhomie
Let us know how easy or hard that install turns out to be. I am looking to get some race style headers myself hopefully some time soon. I will prob be doing the install myself also so looking for some advice lol. Nice T/A
What T/A
Old 03-22-2010, 10:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

^ lol

IMO headers and electric cutout is best option over the catback.
I prefer to hear phone conversations/ people in the car.
With the cutout, its quiet or LOUD by flippin' a switch.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

install is not bad at all. i have the same headers and me and a buddy installed them on the garage floor with a jack and stands. The drivers side has to up alot higher than the passenger side. Since you got race style you will need to delete the air system.