General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Going to the track

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 01:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Going to the track

This summer i am hopefuly going to have my car done and i would like to take it to the track. Lebanon Valley is where i am going to take it for test and tune dates - i do not plan on racing competitively but simply for my pleasure.
From my understanding i need to still follow NHRA safety guide lines?! I do not know why bet thats what i have been told. That means something like a 10-point cage ect... Thats not what i have intended for this build i wanted to keep the interior as stock looking as possible.
So how true is this? The reason i question it is because take a stock C6Z with slicks and it will run low 11s, take a ZR1 and it will run high 10s. Take a supercar and... well you know. These cars run it fast enough so it falls into NHRA safety categories.

If i need to follow these rules this defeats the whole purpose of my build, and it just fvcks everything up.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To a certain point, this is true, but I don't see you having a problem with passing inspection for a T&T, but some tracks have different rules for safety. Since your doing a T&T, and you've never taken the car to the track before to see what it will do, they PROBABLY won't hound you about it, at least thats the way it is here, but I STRONGLY suggest checking your local track's rules. Most track's are laid back with T&Ts, especially if it's your first time running the car. Good luck! and post some times!
Old 03-30-2010, 02:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I go to one track that makes you follow all the rules even during test and tune. I also go to another track that will let you run pretty much anything you bring with little or no safety gear.

So like the guy above me said just check with the track on what the rules are for test - n - tune.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

make a pass and you'll find out lol.