General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Bolt on Ls6 crate made 381whp

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bolt on Ls6 crate made 381whp

Got my car dyno'd today and it put down 381whp with just bolt ons and its untuned. does this seem normal or is it above average?
Old 04-07-2010, 03:26 AM
TECH Addict

Care to elaborate what "bolt ons" you have? If you have full bolt ons I would consider that about average for an LS6 meaning headers, catback, lid, and you already have a LS6 intake.
If I remember right the LS6s were rated at 405 so with a 15% drive tran loss you would be looking at 345 RWHP stock. And I would say the full bolt ons would add anywhere from 40-60HP. Of course the 15% DT loss is just a guess, Ive always heard it was around 15% on manuals but there are alot of variables that affect so it could be +/- some.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:21 AM
Teching In

good numbers..hey have you tracked the car yet with the ls6 and those mods? i got the ls6..not full bolt on yet but im wondering what it could pull 1/4 mile in a m6?
Old 04-07-2010, 06:33 AM
On The Tree

Am I mistaken or isn't the LS6 the same as an LS1 except for an intake and small cam difference?
Old 04-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Starz T/A 17
Care to elaborate what "bolt ons" you have? If you have full bolt ons I would consider that about average for an LS6 meaning headers, catback, lid, and you already have a LS6 intake.
If I remember right the LS6s were rated at 405 so with a 15% drive tran loss you would be looking at 345 RWHP stock. And I would say the full bolt ons would add anywhere from 40-60HP. Of course the 15% DT loss is just a guess, Ive always heard it was around 15% on manuals but there are alot of variables that affect so it could be +/- some.
My bolt ons include headers, custom Y pipe (mandrel bent with flowmaster merge), Lid, and catback

Soon to be getting truck coils for a lil more, if what is said is true about them

Also i have an aluminum flywheel but that doesnt help all that much

Originally Posted by dgu1rt
good numbers..hey have you tracked the car yet with the ls6 and those mods? i got the ls6..not full bolt on yet but im wondering what it could pull 1/4 mile in a m6?
Thanks
I would gladly be happy to answer that question if 4th gear didnt have a bent shift fork
Got it to go in for the dyno but a pass at the strip it would not be pleasant shifting to 4th

Originally Posted by white ghost
Am I mistaken or isn't the LS6 the same as an LS1 except for an intake and small cam difference?
Heads are diffrent, cam, pcv system, block breaths better at higher rpms, and the oil pump is diffrent

Correct me if im wrong