General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

what would this tranny be worth?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 11:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what would this tranny be worth?

i need some help determining how much a spare tranny that i have would be worth.

Type of transmission: 4L60E automatic

Condition of Tranny: rear tail shaft moves freely when pulled outward, when push inward it is in place and firm. So my guessing is that this tranny will need to be repaired because of the tail shaft.

I am unsure of the tranny full history but i definately know that it is not STOCK.

When it was installed in my car the tranny had very aggressive shifting and performed extremely wheel under hard accelaration (high rpm).
on low rpm every gear the tranny shift into had a very strong pull and when flooring the accelerator the tranny would downshift and pull really hard letting the motor unleash the beast within lol.

I am unsure of the tranny builder but the tranny is coated black in color, but i am sure it is definitely a performance transmission.

What would you guys think this tranny be worth?

disregard the two red bolts and red paint on the oil pan, i was helping one of my friends install a rebuilt tranny he did and i gave him my oil pan since it was in great condition and also those two bolts as well, and he gave me the ones from his tranny.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why did you pull it out? Why is it a spare?
Old 04-22-2010, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was sitting in a red light and didn't notice the shifter got kicked into neutral when my lil brother got a bag from the back and put it in his lap. The light turned green so i tried to take off right away to catch up with a couple buddies. While doing so the car high revved and my lil bro kicked it back in gear without me approving it. The camaro then jumped hard since the rpm was hi and right after that I lost gear.

So i moved the Camaro to the side, called a tow truck to get it towed home and checked it meanwhile the tow truck got to me. The Camaro moved very slowly forward and good in reverse at the time so i shut it off for good. I didn't mess with the camaro for a whole year since i decided to save money and get a tranny of my choice. and that is the story, thats why its a spare right now.

Last edited by SickZ28; 04-22-2010 at 01:56 PM. Reason: correction of mis-spelled word