General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Think I am running lean?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Think I am running lean?

Current mods include a SLP airbox, K&N, and pacesetter LT's with a TSP off road y pipe and stock catback.

Will the computer throw a lean code if it gets to dangerous levels?

Here is why I am wondering....

If I am BARELY on the gas I am feeling what appears to be popping in my exhaust. However, from what I can tell I don't hear it at the muffler. Which leads me to believe it could possibly just be the exhaust leaking at the y or hitting the from. Under a nice load I did typical vibrations and what not from under the car because I believe the y pipe and/or headers are hitting.

The car seems to be running fine, but the noise is bothering me. I am really worried I am running to lean. FWIW I am getting it tuned ASAP which may be a couple weeks. Any help is appreciated.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:36 AM
TECH Addict

Im sure the A/F ratios are off a little bit but nothing to worry about. Myself and many other guys on here run with LT's and a lid for years and wait to do a tune until a we do a cam swap. If your not planning on doing a cam I would tune it now just to maximize power but it wont hurt anything running it as is.

As far as the noise it could be a leak in the Y pipe as it seems alot of guys have problems with the Y pipe sealing correctly with clamps. Otherwise my LT setup had some popping and I always just contributed it to the lack of back pressure
Old 04-27-2010, 06:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I see what it is...there is a exhaust clamp maybe a MM from touching the frame rail. I will be taking care of that tomorrow with a band style clamp.