General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy need help

ok i got a 98 z28 camaro .i bought it like 2 years ago and **** has hit the fan . i couldnt drive it for the first year in a half didnt have l's so couldnt drive i snuck it out every once in a great day .
1. the overflow tank is overflowing .
2.it over heats a lot
3.when it starts after a few days of not running it it idles funny like it sits there reving itself idk

if i think of any more ill ask for more help but for now this is all please help me i think it could be the thermostat and maybe have a block in the radiator idk i just need help thanks .
Old 08-02-2010, 10:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Are you throwing SES light? If its overheating and you are getting the overflow too full then you definitely need the cooling system looked at. As far as the rough idle look for vacuum leaks, dirty MAF, or possibly stale gas in your tank and if the gas tank wasn't full it probably has alot of moisture in it. Hope this helps.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigBirdLS1
Are you throwing SES light? If its overheating and you are getting the overflow too full then you definitely need the cooling system looked at. As far as the rough idle look for vacuum leaks, dirty MAF, or possibly stale gas in your tank and if the gas tank wasn't full it probably has alot of moisture in it. Hope this helps.
ok thank you for the help ill see if any of thats works ill look into that stuff thats and the idle didnt do it when i first got it . but thats for the help
Old 08-02-2010, 11:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like you need to change all fluids, spark plugs, and maybe even flush the radiator. just start with general maintenance and see where that takes you. also if the gas has been sitting for a while that could be causing issues too
Old 08-03-2010, 10:36 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just went through this and it was the head gaskets. The Cometic's started to leak into the cylinders
Old 08-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by skr1bol
ok i got a 98 z28 camaro .i bought it like 2 years ago and **** has hit the fan . i couldnt drive it for the first year in a half didnt have l's so couldnt drive i snuck it out every once in a great day .
1. the overflow tank is overflowing .
2.it over heats a lot
3.when it starts after a few days of not running it it idles funny like it sits there reving itself idk

if i think of any more ill ask for more help but for now this is all please help me i think it could be the thermostat and maybe have a block in the radiator idk i just need help thanks .
once ageen thank you guys for the help i think ima start with the fluids and see where that takes me thank you once ageen .
Old 08-03-2010, 08:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

any steam from your tailpipes? if not change you coolant and TSTAT.

MIGHT WANT TO CHECK YOUR PLUGS AND WIRES too.