General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Fog lights and the orange lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 10:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fog lights and the orange lights

Where can I buy new fog lights and the orange daytime running lights? Mine have kinda melted in the middle. Will the new ones do it too?
Old 08-07-2010, 10:55 PM
11 Second Club

Ebay, gmpartsdirect, few other sponsors ------>>>

and Yes the DRLs (day time running lights) will crack/melt again, unless you switch to LED bulbs. the standard bulbs put off too much heat for the plastic light housings. If your fogs are melting, you need to look into a less wattage bulb or even leds for them too.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Daytimes you can get at autozone, oreilleys, or or any other parts store. They are part # 3357-3457. Install is easy. You'll need a 10mm socket for the piece of plastic under the bumper to get to the bulb connection, there's two to take off on each side. Stick your hand through there when you have that black piece off, then twist the whole connection out. Put bulb grease on the new bulbs, turn key forward to test them before you put it back in. If it works, put it back in, then do the other side.

If it doesn't work, then either two things are wrong; the whole connection (piece that connects to the bulb) is bad, or your tail light signal is out too. You can get that whole connection at autozone as well for like 5 bucks, but you'll have to splice wires. Good luck. I have to replace mine every month or so, don't know why.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff
Daytimes you can get at autozone, oreilleys, or or any other parts store. They are part # 3357-3457. Install is easy. You'll need a 10mm socket for the piece of plastic under the bumper to get to the bulb connection, there's two to take off on each side. Stick your hand through there when you have that black piece off, then twist the whole connection out. Put bulb grease on the new bulbs, turn key forward to test them before you put it back in. If it works, put it back in, then do the other side.

If it doesn't work, then either two things are wrong; the whole connection (piece that connects to the bulb) is bad, or your tail light signal is out too. You can get that whole connection at autozone as well for like 5 bucks, but you'll have to splice wires. Good luck. I have to replace mine every month or so, don't know why.
I believe he means the housing.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by battousai
I believe he means the housing.
Yes, that ******* thing. I couldn't for the life of me remember what it was called, lol, thanks.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:27 AM
TECH Addict

I've got the front bumper off so I could take out some weight. Decided I might as well replace the fog lights while it's off. Just seeing if you guys were buying them from a particular place.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Banned

Mine are HIDs, but Autozone, or any other parts store also sells them...