General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

got a camaro love bug for a ta

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 01:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ever since 98's I liked TA's better. I brought a 99 Z28 brand new off the showroom but still wanted a TA. I eventually got a Trans Am and a WS6 ended up selling them even though the WS6 is my most missed out of all the F-Bodies I had. All in all I'm happy with my current Z28. Its just something about owning a car where the brand doesn't exist any longer that i don't like
Old 10-03-2010, 05:51 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,722 Likes on 1,235 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
if that's correct that's cool not as cool as a ws6 though
Maybe to you. I can understand preferring the look of one over the other, but after owning both a Z28 and a WS6 brand new, I think it's silly to see one as "cooler" than the other. It's the same exact car under the skin. There is no special magic to a WS6 car.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh I know there is no magic I just love the lines and front end better,I know there the same car I just like all the lil diffrent things on the ta, and I love camaros,and don't think I could come to get rid of mine,a lot of hard work has gone into my ss,so I don't think I could part with it,if I did it would be for a ta or if I stay living in ohio a ctsv
Old 10-03-2010, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I love the lines of the birds. Camaro's look good too, in a slick sort of way, but I prefer the body lines of the pontiac. I like the interior of the camaro better though. Like RPM said, I like the cleaner shape of the formula than the T/A. I mean, whats not to love

Old 10-03-2010, 02:52 PM
TECH Addict

ive always loved the camaro over the ta. not for the looks tho jst the name even if i wanted a ta it would be impossible here in middle east. ive seen 3 ls1 tas in my whole life!!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 07:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ever since i was in high school i've wanted a camaro, just always like them more than the T/A. on top of that, i swore my next car would be a manual, and the last thing i wanted was a loud red car because i get myself in enough trouble without attracting all of the extra attention.

that said, when (what is now) my red '98 auto trans am went up for sale, i just couldn't pass it up. <80k miles for $4500. already had minor head work and a cam.

i've come to really love the trans am body lines over the camaro, so glad i got this one. the only two things i really want to do to it are add a ws6 or firehawk hood, and the base firebird spoiler.

for what it's worth, i've more than paid the difference for the good deal i got, as i've dropped over $12k into it since i've had it, but it sure is a blast!
Old 10-04-2010, 02:18 PM
11 Second Club

I used to have a 98 Camaro and I always wanted a WS6. I just thought the car looked so much sweeter then my Camaro. It took me awhile but in 03 I finally bought the Formula in my sig. It wasn't a WS6 but I added a OEM WS6 hood and i'm very happy now.

I'm reminded of a saying I have read here a few times over the years. A Camaro SS looks like it could kick your *** but a WS6 looks like it's coming over to do it. Or something like that

If you really want a WS6 then I say go for it. I'm glad I made the switch.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by omarrakeen
ive always loved the camaro over the ta. not for the looks tho jst the name even if i wanted a ta it would be impossible here in middle east. ive seen 3 ls1 tas in my whole life!!!!
Really? Only 3 LS1 TAs?? Thats crazy! I have an exotic in middle east terms! LOL!
Old 10-04-2010, 04:45 PM
11 Second Club

I prefer the Camaro SS over the T/A any day of the week. However I do like the looks of the T/A and especially the ram-air Formula.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:15 PM
TECH Resident

We all know the only reason everyone loves the ws6 is because of the giant hood lol
Old 10-04-2010, 08:45 PM
TECH Addict

I pretty much have the same feelings as you do for the Trans Ams. I have wanted 1 ever since i had my Z28 camaro. Before i got the SS, i searched for a Ws6 but just couldnt find 1 at the right price, some were priced way to much for the miles on them and other's werent that taken care of. So i went after the LE, do i regret it? Nope, im happy with my SS even though at times. I get tired of it, but i would be the same with the Ws6 since there basically the same cars. I do hate it when i see some bad *** looking Ws6's though, makes me want 1 even more lol

I do plan on owning a Trans Am one day, wont be giving up the SS to get it either. The wife even wants one but we need a new car, so the Trans Am will be put on hold unless i find a cheap one and just build it back up myself as time goes.

I say, if you can afford to buy the Ws6 without giving up the Camaro. I would do that, just be sure you really want to do that. Otherwise you might regret it somewhat, ya know?

Last edited by Badguy7; 10-04-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:49 PM
On The Tree

I'm just the opposite;I would rather have a Camaro. I prefer the subdued look of the Camaro, as opposed to the more extreme look of the T/A. My acquisition of the T/A was an impulse decision.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:38 PM
Captain Double Post

Yeah I'm gonna keep my ss,still love ws6s,but my next car I would like to get a nice daily driver like a ctsv,sick of driving my work truck everywhere and gas sucks in it.would just be nice to have a decent car in the crappy weather months ,my truck is nice its a 2003 25oo hd silverado, but its always trashed from work,I do construction. If I could do it over again yes a ta would be in my driveway,but my ss isn't goin anywhere
Old 10-16-2010, 07:52 PM
Captain Double Post

I also am trying to get a hold of 6le I heard that they make a taller ss spoiler with a shaved brake light,think it will go good with my vfn ss hood,then I think I will do the cme,and ditch the pro stars maybe for a dark gray hp wheels,or a 19x12 c6 zo6 rims, I think it will look really good.then a gloss black berger panel and she will be done.its getting more bad *** by the day,thanks guys for all your comments,glad to hear I wasnt. The only one that loves the ta and owns a ss lol.but by the time I will be able to buy a new toy who knows could be a vette by then,