General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

C5R Engine-Similarities with our LS1's

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5R Engine-Similarities with our LS1's

Lately I've been reading and watching various video's on the C5R's just out of sheer curiosity. A quick search on google yielded a page to wikipedia in which the article states that the C5R powerplant utilizes some components with our LS1's. This caught my attention.

Wikipedia-

"The C5-R initially used a 366 ci (6.0 liter) V8 engine based on the road car's LS1"

I understand the motor was later punched out to a 7.0L but what besides the architecture did they keep? Here is a video showing an interview with the people from Katech that did the developing on the C5R motor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2ouT3XYgiU
Old 12-05-2010, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a search on the c5r block, basically the same shape as the ls1 but totally different materials. Over the years there have been some interesting threads on the benefits of the c5r compared to a sleeved ls1
Old 12-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Orange Juice
Do a search on the c5r block, basically the same shape as the ls1 but totally different materials. Over the years there have been some interesting threads on the benefits of the c5r compared to a sleeved ls1
Exactly...it's like putting identical rings side by side, but one is made of nickel and the other platinum. Sure they look the same, but which one is better?