General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

car will not start

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 06:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car will not start

not sure if this is the correct forum for this. it;s not the most friendly user site to navigate. anyway, i have a ws6 20k on it. always garaged. all the lights come on when you turn the car on but will not turn over. went thru this once before. no blown fuses, not the battery,starter,or clutch switch.

changed all those last time it happened. I took the starter off & forgot to put the heat shield back on. So i figured i'd try to start it & it started. put the heat shield back on & wouldn't start. after looking @ this for a few it looked like the shield was shorting out against the starter connections. moved it back away from the starter connections. started everytime. few weeks ago did the same thing. all the lights come on would not turn over. after a few minutes it started & i got it back in the garage (thank god).Hasn't started since. However, I had back surgery & haven't been able to get under the car.

Anyone else been thru this. i've heard the security chip in the keys,or the ignition switch could cause this. i can get a push drop the clutch & it will start. not sure what is going on & now i'm frustrated mainly because i can't get out there to fix the problem.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This sounds very familiar.

Let me ask you this, does the car act like the battery is dead and starter doesn't get any signal or make noise?

If you turn the key and all the gauges come on but starter doesn't even make an attempt, you also hear a click from your engine bay. 99% of times it's the ignition relay in the fuse box in the bay closer to headlights. There are 2 relays that are metal coated & about half an inch in size. One of them is for the fans and other is starter, you can swap these and see if this solves your problem. If yes, you can pick up another relay for $10 at a local parts store.

Also how is your fuel pressure?