General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Help! just found out I bought a lemon, what can I do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bearcatt
Some reports provide more information than others. Sometimes Carfax can provide information that Autocheck doesn't provide. ( rarely ) What I found strange about your report was the redundancy of the same entries being repeated two and three times.

Your oil pressure seems about 20psi low on cold idle . At operating temp your idle and cruising speed seems about 20psi low.

That quote caught my attention. I always felt that autocheck was better as well, but recently I was looking at a car on eBay and the provided autocheck looked great. But when I opened it's carfax, a lot of sketchy maintenance was on there that was omitted from the autocheck. Just some food for thought.

Sorry for the hijack OP, but I say you still got a pretty good deal if everything is running alright, of course.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KameleonTransAm
That quote caught my attention. I always felt that autocheck was better as well, but recently I was looking at a car on eBay and the provided autocheck looked great. But when I opened it's carfax, a lot of sketchy maintenance was on there that was omitted from the autocheck. Just some food for thought.

Sorry for the hijack OP, but I say you still got a pretty good deal if everything is running alright, of course.
I think the OP got a pretty good deal and his car should be fine.

It's wise to look at both Carfax and Autocheck before buying a car.
Even with Carfax or Autocheck it's possible for accidents to go unreported.

I was looking at a 2003 C5Z Vette a few weeks ago and I could see tape removal marks around the passenger side window rubber seal. Someone had touched-up or repainted the roof panel on that 2003 C5Z and who knows what else. This was not reported on Autocheck or Carfax. Plus the dealer was dishonest when I asked them about it.

My point is things can go unreported if everything is done under the table.
Buying a used car takes serious inspection and vigilence. Unfortunetly sellers are not always honest when thousands of dollars are involved. Buying a used car is pretty much a gamble unless you are buying from someone you know personally.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the price you paid is excellent for the car no matter what. Did you check and make sure the car was a real WS6? In the drivers side door you can check the codes. Your oil pressure seems a little low but as long as it runs and drives good.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:15 PM
TECH Regular

I know how you feel. I bought my Z28 out of state, after a CLEAN carfax report, just to later find out it'd been rear ended in the driver's side. I even had to replace the axle.

I enjoy the car, but it burns me every now and then to think about it.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thanks for the helpful responses guys. I have decided to just keep the car and enjoy it. it has a few things that need attention but still, for the deal I got on it I will still be money ahead after fixing it all. and yes it is a true ws6, door tags include ws6 notation and call for 17" tires. I am happy with it, it starts right up, everythign works, runs smooth, and everytime I press to go pedal, it does not dissapoint
Old 03-04-2011, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

No problem. The car should serve you well, enjoy.