General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

It's spring, what did you do to your F-body today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 08:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

-Finished installing one last LED bulb (I had left) on the interior.

-Blew the engine bay out today (compressor.) Had a bunch of lingering aluminum shavings from "clearancing" the wp during the 102 install.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default During the past week...

Switched out my front speakers for a better (JL) pair, did the trunk lid spring mod and had my Magnaflow muffler and Corsa tips installed. Now I'm out of money so other than installing my front Bilsteins and maintenance items. I'm probably done for the year.

BTW, IT SNOWED YESTERDAY!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 07:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

It was 84 here in NC....snow sucks!

As for the car, de-VHT'd the taillights and sidemarkers after work.....too much black for my taste. Bought it like that.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

After working on other people's and my Daily Driver vehicles all Winter, I finally got to turn a wrench on my car today.

Nothing special. Just changed the oil, installed some new Gatorback Serpentine Belts and drained the Radiator. Eating a late supper now and then I'm headed back out to refill it.

I'm leaving it up on the jack stands so I can start my Monster Level 3 & Tick Master Cylinder Installation next week. Its gonna be awesome!

A bit of a funny story. While I was under the car draining the oil, I noticed some surface rust on my JET HOT Headers (big surprise, I know). I took a rag and wiped on them a bit and I set the rag aside. A moment later I notice I had left my drain plug on the edge of my oil catch pan. So in order not to loose it, I grab it and wrap it up in a rag. I had some other things to take care of, so I had to step away from what I was doing for a couple hours. When I get back to it, the old oil had more than finished draining and I grabbed the rag that held my drain plug so I could reinstall it. As I'm putting the plug back in, I catch a glimpse of some sparkly dust on the rag. I'm like WTF? I climb out from under car and look the rag over in the light. THERE ARE METAL FLAKES ALL OVER IT!! "Oh my ******' god! What is going on here?!" I pull the drain plug back out and inspect it. There are a couple of flakes on it, nothing major, but I'm now freakin' out. I examine the dipstick, the drain pan and the oil filter and don't find anything. I'm about to tear apart the oil filter, when it dawns on me. I had wrapped the drain plug in the same rag that I had used to wipe my headers. Some of the wonderful JET HOT Coating had come off on the rag and was the metal flakes that I had seen. Wow! Talk about relieved. Anyways, that's my story.

I know. I'm a dumbass. But I'm happy to say I got to play my car today and I don't have to tear it apart to find where these metal flakes are coming from. LOL
Old 04-21-2011, 01:06 AM
TECH Resident

A couple of weeks ago I went from this

to this

Pulled it out from the top too so that was a complete shortblock build up.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

Lotta progress being made here, nice work everyone.

Today I set out to work on my friends XJ and ended up getting my seats busted seam restitched for free! Also replaced the sail panel subs with Rockord T1652 coaxials. Ordered leds for the DRLs, a digital flasher, and an led strip for the license plate light. Got my prothane trans mount waiting to go in as well.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:12 PM
TECH Resident

Default Done for the year

Finally put my front Bilsteins on. What should have taken a day actually took three days because of the stupid shock mounts. In short, since I don't like dealing with spring compressors, I took it to a local shop to have the shocks swapped out. Unfortunately they melted the mounts and isolators trying to get the top nut off, so what should have been a $70 job quickly turned into a $200 job. Plus they mounted one of the shocks backwards so I had to take it back. Should have just got a compressor and did it myself.

Anyway, that's it for the year - outta car money.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:15 PM
Teching In

Cleaned my interior today. She was dirty!
Old 05-17-2011, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just put in 2 new pre cat oxygen sensors.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take my trans am thru the car wash, and im feeling safe and good doing it lol.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just ordered front and rear shocks and H&R lowering springs, and will be doing that soon! Spring mods ftw!
Old 05-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Teching In

Last weekend I:

Got the T/A cover on and welded the tubes.
Touched up the paint on the hood. (rock chips)
And most importantly drove it like a stole it.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:40 AM
11 Second Club

tuesday i took all the seats out of my bird and shampooed the carpet.
wednesday i took it for a tune