General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What is it you like about your 4th GEN? lol

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spd-Kilz
I love how:

1) It wakes up my neighbors
2) I can't carry on a conversation with my girlfriend in the car
3) It's been confused with the Batmobile
haha true that!!
There's plenty of likes for me main thing is almost NO ONE has one where i live and i just cant get out of my car and walk away without looking back at it and smiling
Old 04-07-2011, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by wickedlsx
haha true that!!
There's plenty of likes for me main thing is almost NO ONE has one where i live and i just cant get out of my car and walk away without looking back at it and smiling
Old 04-08-2011, 12:19 AM

Glad I found this thread. I am purchasing an 02 Z28 6 spd and I stumbled across the "things I hate thread" and was almost second guessing my decision. I have always liked the 4th Gen and managed to stumble across a very clean 02 with 60k and very mild upgrades. Hope I get to post in here about things I love about mine once I get home and pick it up...
Old 04-08-2011, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

WS-6 is sex on wheels, Pontiac really nailed it when they design this car. Interior design is really nice(material not). Everytime i´m enter my garage and i got eye contact with my black beauty my heart goes BOOM-BOOM.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll leave on this note.... I don't care what car you have there will always be something wrong with it! or you will change something just to make it your own.

I will never get rid of my CAMARO no matter what! When the engine goes then a 383 and the BEAST will always live on
Old 04-08-2011, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 98 WS6
^^^^^^

These cars are quite simply, the ****. Cam, stall, and some bolt ons and I'm running 11's? Hell yeah.
Originally Posted by h_friesen
love how mean the front end looks. plus easy to mod. bolts ons exhaust and heads/cam your in the 11-12s!! love the sound of ls engines! oh epic fail on 10 bolt though
you guys are really conservative when my car was bolt ons only it went high 11s low 12s

i love so many thing about my car, the first thing i loved about it is when i test drove it and scared the crap out of the sales guy when i grab second and we got sideways lol
i love the fact that there is not anything on these cars that you cant modify or make better ,
i love that at almost all the time there is nothing on the road can even think about touching me
i love that i could drive my car to the 100 miles to the drag strip beat up on alot of cars there and then drive to a canyon and keep up with sport bikes and then drive 100 miles home
i love that you feel the rawness of the car, its violent when you mash the gas, and lets you feel the power of the car unlike vettes and newer cars
i love that owning it has brought me to meeting many awesome ppl from car shows/meet/cruises
and well the list can go on forever
Old 04-08-2011, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its got the almighty LS1! the best engine platform ever produced.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Teching In

I love when I take my friends for a ride, and the cars power scares the **** out of them..what an adrenaline rush
Old 04-09-2011, 08:02 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by riceburnerZ28
The sound
V8 powered
reasonably priced
horrible mpg's helps keep the mileage low... lol
Amen!!!!!
Old 04-10-2011, 01:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jmurray87
I have loved F-Bodies since I was little, all generations. That and the 4th gens just look awesome and very sporty even to this day they still look fantastic and I still get comments quite often from people. As cheap as the interior is I still enjoy the way it was designed and feels really goes with the car.
Same here man, but more specifically the 4th gens. Ever since I was little I told myself that one day I would have a Trans Am. Well my dream came true kinda, I ended up with a Camaro instead of a WS6 like I wanted but I think it was meant to be lol. What do I like specifically...?

The LS1. Non LSx heads just think it's your run of the mill 350...but it's so much more. It's such a smooth engine (other than your minor lifter ticks and piston slaps lol), the throttle response with bolt ons is neck snapping, and it's just so damn reliable. I've beat the **** out of this car since I got it and although other things haven't held up as well (window motors, minor electrical issues), the engine itself runs like a champ and has never failed to start.

The sound...omg. I nail it every excuse I get, especially under bridges and the rare tunnel if I happen to come across one. An LSx at wide open throttle just sounds like the world is coming to an end...and letting it wind down from 5500 rpm is just obnoxious.

I love how you can see the rear quarter panels bulging in the side mirrors. I'm a big fan of the curves and bulges that fbodies have.

it's nice how with the windows down there is hardly any wind turbulance, even at highway speeds
the leather seats are very comfortable, makes a great road trip car
gas mileage is great for a performance v8, not so great for a daily driver
small mods add lots of power
t tops of course
looks are a plus, even though the camaros up front kind of look like a catfish haha

Last edited by ncfastls1; 04-10-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Last edited by carlos64030; 04-13-2011 at 01:57 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

With my 2002 Z28 i love sleek look of it. Car has great power and like mentioned already our 4th gens still keep up if not spank newer modern muscle cars.

I actually like the 4th gen alot better than the 5th gen camaro.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:57 PM
12 Second Club

I love 4th gens like because of the power, simplicity, basic options. But most of all, a 4th gen is just "that car" to me. I also like the heritage as it truly has an evolution through the generations like a Corvette. I can remember riding through the new car lots and seeing new V6 F bodys but then there would be an SS or WS6 near by. Even though its basically a hood, spoiler and wheels, it looked spectacular and those cars have that same formula as the old muscle cars and even today the sleek styling still looks better than new cars of today. I wish I was forunate enough to buy an F body brand new but I'm living my dream every day with my current 4th gen.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

Power!

Ttops!

Cockpit/testosterone feel vs Mustang's mini-van feel!
Old 04-10-2011, 09:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by therealcreeper
they're the best combination of...

-looks
-acceleration
-handling
-braking
-gas mileage
-reliability
-affordability of maintenance
-reasonable practicality (i.e. has slightly more than 2 seats at least)
-ease of upgrade and modification

..that you will ever find for $10k or less

Originally Posted by jmurray87
T-Tops.
Just to save a little time, I just stole the above two quotes since they fit.

My LT1 almost made me swear off these cars, but so far I'm much happier with the LS1, catfish look and all.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:56 PM
Teching In

Downshifting and engine braking when coming to a stop.