General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Opinions on the 5.3l Trailblazer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Opinions on the 5.3l Trailblazer?

What do you guys think about the 5.3 TB 4x4? i'm looking into getting a new vehicle, but I want to try to stay in the GM family (or at least domestic) but i dont want a truck. I know i cant have everything in one package, but my concerns are:
1. driving in snow
2. not too slow
3. not too expensive (around 15k)

if i didnt have to deal with snow 3-4 months out of the year, i would have already bought an fbody.

if you have any other ideas, feel free to voice them!
Old 04-14-2011, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I like them, personally. A lot of people aren't fans of the look, interior or exterior, but that is personal taste. The I6 engine that comes in them is pretty stout too, from what I've read. All in all, I'd love to have a 5.3 Trailblazer or Envoy (Denali) as a DD, seeing as I already know a fair amount about the LSx engines.

If budget is a concern, you could also look into a Buick Rainier. They sell for much less, and seem to be more common with the 5.3. They are also loaded. The downside is they come with AWD instead of a true 4WD system.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what year? They had a run of trans issues with the 4l60 in those. AWD models also saw frequent transfer case and axle problems. They finally got things sorted out around 07 as far as i know. Do some searching on your own, there's plenty of info out there on that stuff.

Quick Reply: Opinions on the 5.3l Trailblazer?