General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Engine Leaking coolant

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 03:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Engine Leaking coolant

Hi everyone, my car started leaking coolant from the rear part on the engine on the driver side. It's a 00Z28 with a 347ci forged engine with cometic head gaskets, ported and resurfaced heads which was built 2 years ago.
I dont use the car much and never had any issue, drove the car on saturday and no prob (its been parked since, havent even fired it), on thursday I noticed some drops on the floor but didnt pay attention to it, yesterday I saw it leaking and lifted it to find out it was a coolant leak from somewhere in the rear part of the engine (somewhere between the block, head and bellhousing), the funny thing is it only leaks from 1pm to 6pm approx and during the night the coolant on the floor dries. I guess it has something to do with the hot weather, approx 75-80º, top of the engine looks dry but havent had much time to check it. I really hope it's not leaking from the head gasket!! haha

I'd appreciate if you could help me out with some possible diagnostics. thanks!
Old 05-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Teching In

I would try my best to see if it is something that you can get to b/4 pulling the intake or the heads. I hope that it's not a head gasket, for your sake.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

I will pull the intake out during the weekend and see if i can get anything done, just wanted to have some suggestions that could guide me, thanks