General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

GM dealer screwed me over!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM dealer screwed me over!

I recently had a hub bearing replaced on my car at a gm dealership, due to a minor accident awhile ago. Well after I got it back the problem was still their and my exhaust decided to break right after I got it home so I haven't been able to take it back to them due to the exhaust issue. I was messing with my car the other day and noticed my antenna, when up, is really bent and looks all black and dirty like it was oiled. Last time I actually looked at my antenna was before the dealer had my car and it looked brand new, shiny silver and straight as an arrow. So I'm guessing something happened with my antenna while they had it last because it was perfect from what I remember. I called them and confronted them about it and they denied any mishap . This is all BS I know what it looked like before and now there going to lie to cover their *** What would you do in my situation? I know it's just the antenna but I'm OCD about my car and everything has to be perfect. It pisses me off that if they don't take responsibility for this that it's more waisted money out of my pocket that I shouldn't need to spend. I'm only 20 and I know they think they can just walk all over me and think I'm not going to do anything about it any advice?
Old 05-19-2011, 11:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 01Ws6ix
What would you do in my situation? any advice?
Yeah, stop taking your car to the ******* dealership!!!
Old 05-19-2011, 11:37 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Anyways

I would definately go back and try to talk to the service manager about it. A lot of times, they are older and former/current gear heads themselves and like to see a younger generation have a passion for their car. This isn't always the case, but walking in with a cooler head normally yields better results.

Just talk to him face to face and explain the situation to him. Who knows; You might have a hook up there after that as well.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

You missed the part where he said he already tried that??
Old 05-19-2011, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No offense but I highly doubt they messed with your antenna. You probably just now noticed it. Think about it, why would they even be near your antenna while replacing a hub bearing?
Old 05-19-2011, 11:51 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I realized he ("called" them and confronted them about it)

Face to face is completely different. All I'm saying is it's worth a shot. I got in good with the service manager at Cadillac over here and now get my GM parts at cost.

You'd be surprised how far just going in and shooting the **** with those guys can go.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Possibly....I tend to rank dealerships right up there with lawyers and crooked politicians...but thats a story for another day
Old 05-20-2011, 02:32 AM
TECH Regular

i hate dealers... they tend to just bend you over and shove a 2x4 up your butt... and if they use lube, they charge it at tripple the price... lol
Old 05-20-2011, 03:22 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

'OP, I hate to say it but I think you're gonna have to take the hit on this one. Before I started working on my own cars and relied on dealership service, I made it a habit to thoroughly inspect the car ever time I picked the car up. That way if there were any issues I could hold them immediately responsible. After you drive off the lot anything can happen to the car and who's to say when or how damage occurs even though you might know differently. I'm not siding with the stealership, just showing their point of view...
Old 05-20-2011, 03:33 AM
On The Tree

My girlfriend is the type of person if she gets screwed over or done wrong she goes nuts and starts cussing the whole place threatening to whip some ***. Im more chilled and relaxed and from our experiences if you try to talk to somebody in charge (garage manager or higher) being polite and considerate it usually works. Just be like look, whoever the mechanic(s) that worked on my car messed up a few things and see where that goes. Dealers in my opinion charge way to much but when its necessary its necessary.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:40 AM
TECH Addict

This is why my cars never, ever leave my site.

This way I can just bitch at myself.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had a terrible experience myself when i bought my camaro

The car was equipped with eibach springs, and during the test drive my tires were rubbing on the fender wells and litterely tearing into the size 315 rear passenger side tire, they were persistent that the car had stock height & stock suspension which was BS, the car was obviously lowered I put that sumbitch up on their lift and i proved them wrong and caught them red handed trying to royally screw me. Without a stock ride height my tires wouldve blown out within a week, it was tearing into them THAT BAD.. then they turned around and gave me a $575 quote for 2 rear springs and 2.5 hours of labor, thats obviously BSSSSS, and thats not including they wanting 13k for me to buy the car!!! (car only had 22k miles, perfect condition, exhaust mods, new tires ect ) UGH, it does NOT take 2.5 hours to install 2 rear springs.. after hours of threatening they agreed to install the springs ( which took them 45 mins ugh ), weld in a brand new cat (had a ory pipe) and do a 'tune up' oh and after i paid in cash they diddnt even FILL MY TANK WITH GASSS.. i came back a week later for my detail and gave me excuse after excuse why they couldnt fill my tank, it was on E when i bought it. I doubt this is lawsuit material but im so dam tempted to seek legal advice.

If any of you live in the corpus christi tx area, never EVER buy a car from Champion Chevrolet, brand new or used. I only bought the car cuz its in perfect condition and super low miles.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:37 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LeanPocket
I had a terrible experience myself when i bought my camaro

The car was equipped with eibach springs, and during the test drive my tires were rubbing on the fender wells and litterely tearing into the size 315 rear passenger side tire, they were persistent that the car had stock height & stock suspension which was BS, the car was obviously lowered I put that sumbitch up on their lift and i proved them wrong and caught them red handed trying to royally screw me. Without a stock ride height my tires wouldve blown out within a week, it was tearing into them THAT BAD.. then they turned around and gave me a $575 quote for 2 rear springs and 2.5 hours of labor, thats obviously BSSSSS, and thats not including they wanting 13k for me to buy the car!!! (car only had 22k miles, perfect condition, exhaust mods, new tires ect ) UGH, it does NOT take 2.5 hours to install 2 rear springs.. after hours of threatening they agreed to install the springs ( which took them 45 mins ugh ), weld in a brand new cat (had a ory pipe) and do a 'tune up' oh and after i paid in cash they diddnt even FILL MY TANK WITH GASSS.. i came back a week later for my detail and gave me excuse after excuse why they couldnt fill my tank, it was on E when i bought it. I doubt this is lawsuit material but im so dam tempted to seek legal advice.

If any of you live in the corpus christi tx area, never EVER buy a car from Champion Chevrolet, brand new or used. I only bought the car cuz its in perfect condition and super low miles.
If they were that bad then you shouldn't have bought the car from them.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Alot i mentioned was after the sell, if i knew it was gonna be a hassle i wouldn't have bought the car, and i will never again from that place.

During the sales process i was treated like royalty, all my problems with them happened after i signed the financial papers, and i had 3 days to return the car if i wasn't 'satisfied', like i said, after hours of arguing they finally agree'd to install the springs, new cat and a 'tune up'
Old 05-20-2011, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What's the saying, "you make more friends with honey than you do with vinegar"? Something to that affect: I agree with those who said, wait until you're cool and calm, be respectful and tell them you normally aren't a stickler for things like this (even though you might be), buuut...and they'll probably be much more willing to do something about it. Good luck!
Old 05-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Banned

I'm on either side here. I've had dealerships screw me a bunch, and few treat me good.
Like the time I looked at an 2010 used 1ss Camaro. It had cloth seats and one already had a tear in it. I was just tire kicking cause I hadn't seen one in person yet, and I told the guy I wasnt buying, just looking. He offered me a test drive. then he asked if I would be interested in the numbers. I said sure, why not. big mistake. they tried to tell me it was worth near $40,000. I laughed and started to leave. they brought in their sales manager who tried the same thing. Only he said it was $50,000 dollar car and if I wanted a car in a lower price range, buy a Cobalt. I cussed him a few time and reported him to GM. A week later I got a phone call that he had been fired and they asked if I would consider revisiting the dealership. I still have never been back.

On the other hand, they have replaced wheel hubs on my 07 silverado under warranty. It lists the wheel hub under the powertrain warranty and it does not say 4wd only, so they covered it.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LeanPocket
Alot i mentioned was after the sell, if i knew it was gonna be a hassle i wouldn't have bought the car, and i will never again from that place.

During the sales process i was treated like royalty, all my problems with them happened after i signed the financial papers, and i had 3 days to return the car if i wasn't 'satisfied', like i said, after hours of arguing they finally agree'd to install the springs, new cat and a 'tune up'
I don't know about Texas but in Illinois it is illegal for a dealership to sell a car that has had emissions equipment removed. They should have to pay for that to get fixed so they can legally sell the car.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

ouch.. thats horrible. In austin at the time they had a 2ss going for 50k, and was actually more expensive than a base '10 corvette they had (might of been a demo idk) but its common to see USED camaros still going above brand new msrp prices. They price gouge those cars so hard

Originally Posted by Exeodus
I don't know about Texas but in Illinois it is illegal for a dealership to sell a car that has had emissions equipment removed. They should have to pay for that to get fixed so they can legally sell the car.
Where I live they don't have strict emission laws, but I had asked if it had a offroad y-pipe installed cuz i heard it was louder than normal, but i noticed it had aftermarket headers and exhaust. They told me it was 'stock', it didn't throw any check engine light or anything so i didn't think anything of it until i put it up on there lift and pointed it out. Either they were lying to me or were straight up incompetent I argued with them hardcore, and they ended up fixing everything I had pointed out. I did however find it absurd that they wanted 575 dollars to replace the rear springs, and that they were charging 2.5 hours for labor and ended up only taking them 45 mins.. eh im glad i caught all that before leaving the lot lol
Old 05-20-2011, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

45 minutes is still an insane amount of time to swap rear springs, thats pathetic
Old 05-20-2011, 05:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by myk
'OP, I hate to say it but I think you're gonna have to take the hit on this one. Before I started working on my own cars and relied on dealership service, I made it a habit to thoroughly inspect the car ever time I picked the car up. That way if there were any issues I could hold them immediately responsible. After you drive off the lot anything can happen to the car and who's to say when or how damage occurs even though you might know differently. I'm not siding with the stealership, just showing their point of view...
Well said! ALWAYS....ALWAYS look your vehicle over COMPLETELY before driving off, if they do maintenance, check the fluid levels. I had an *** at tire kingdom sit in my car with a flat head screw driver in his back pocket.....didn't notice it till I got home, I was out of luck. I had my car at the dealer once and they took it through the car wash before giving it back to me, when the kid came driving up my antenna was dangling by the wire, the car wash ripped it right off!! Always check your stuff on the spot, makes fixing mishaps a lot easier.