General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

advice on forging a cast 6.0L

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011 | 12:08 AM
Teching In

Default advice on forging a cast 6.0L

i have a 2000 z28 conv.with a vortech s/c,i ended up screwing up the crank cause the speed shop that installed the s/c did not pin it as i was told should have been done.anyway does anyone know where to order a good complete forged internal system----------------------------------------------------------------also could i get any comments from some shop owners about the shop that installed my s/c not knowing it should be pinned cause its costing me a ton of cash flow and when i called them they said the instructions didn't say to pin the crank.i just want to show them what other shops think about there policy-------------------thanks gary
Old 06-11-2011 | 09:04 PM
TECH Regular

Here's something I found on the subject. I just googled it, I have no experience with superchargers or installing them.

"All supercharged LS type engines MUST have the crankshaft and balancer either "keyed" or "pnned"together. The harmonic balancer will spin on the crankshaft and cause damage to the crankshaft and balancer if this is not done. "

http://www.aacorvette.com/supercharg...products_id=67
Old 06-12-2011 | 11:32 PM
Teching In

Default thanks wav3form

thanks for finding that info it may do me good when i try to get the shop to pay to rebuild my motor,any other help would be appreciated