General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Should I sell my hawk and buy a 2ss/rs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 03:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

keep the firehawk.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

Keep the Firehawk. Rare car, still fun, and you own it. Everyone I've talked to who traded up to a 5th gen hated it and had instant regret.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:30 PM
On The Tree

It's your car and completely your choice of course.. Being that it's a hawk.. I would keep the hawk.. But that's a very biased opinion.. Lol.. I love the hawks.. Always wanted one and I would be willing to trade on one straight accross even if it's bone stock..but I do really want a new Ss too lol.. Go drive it and see how u like it..
Old 07-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Launching!

man i would keep the hawk you car looks to be in excellent condition and nothing turns heads like a black firehawk with full exhaust and cam. the new camaros are a dime a dozen and they're pigs unless your talking about the zl1. my advice spend some money on a small street cam put your exhaust on and everytime you hit the throttle you'll fall in love with your car all over again, iwas looking at getting a c5 but decided to mod the firehawk and honestly wouldnt change a thing if i could go back in time.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Finkledbody
If you want it, get it. Simple as that.
This.

FWIW, my opinion is keep the Hawk solely because of the rarity factor. TA's and 5th gen's are fairly popular (at least, around me) but the Hawk is a rare sight.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

im a big fan of 5th gens but i say mod your firehawk and save for a 5th gen so you have both.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Staging Lane

I'd keep the Firehawk because I prefer those...but also to stay out of a car payment.

I hate having a car payment. It wasn't the most fiscally responsible thing I've done as of late.

Full exhaust will make it a whole new experience.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:53 AM
TECH Resident

I agree with a couple of points here.

1. I hate car payments, especially for a "toy" car and $33k is a lot of loot even spread out over X years. Hell, you could send your car to Lingenfelter and get it worked over and have a warranty and still have $20k in your pocket. (Note: I'm not saying you SHOULD do it, just using it as a comparison.)
2. At least in my area, new Camaros are a dime a dozen.The only 5th Gen I like are the convertibles. Maybe in five years I'll be able to afford one. Right now I get a lot of compliments on my STOCK 4th Gen.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here's my two cents:

Pontiac is dead. The likely hood of the company ever making a complete, and successful comeback is slim to none.

As each day passes, and General Motors continues to pump out these new Camaro's, it keeps giving cars such as yours more credibility and a sense of prestige.

Not only do you have a car that will never be made again, but even in it's hay-day, it was a rare piece to be had. For what it's worth, your car will turn twice as many heads and will *always* remain sleeker and have much more sex appeal.

Despite of the fact that the new Camaro is just that, in terms of being newer and better, and I understand that there's always a temptation, I still think your car, the way it rolled off the assembly plant is a lot more appealing.

Keep Your Car
Old 07-17-2011, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Striker
Here's my two cents:

Pontiac is dead. The likely hood of the company ever making a complete, and successful comeback is slim to none.

As each day passes, and General Motors continues to pump out these new Camaro's, it keeps giving cars such as yours more credibility and a sense of prestige.

Not only do you have a car that will never be made again, but even in it's hay-day, it was a rare piece to be had. For what it's worth, your car will turn twice as many heads and will *always* remain sleeker and have much more sex appeal.

Despite of the fact that the new Camaro is just that, in terms of being newer and better, and I understand that there's always a temptation, I still think your car, the way it rolled off the assembly plant is a lot more appealing.

Keep Your Car
well said
Old 07-17-2011, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

No, keep the hawk. You will miss it, and the new owner will probably trash it.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Striker
Here's my two cents:

Keep Your Car

Freaking' this. Forget for a moment that the new Camaros are a dime a dozen and are total pigs in regards to weight. This whole thread in itself speaks volumes to the 4th gen and especially the Firehawk. It's in the same conversation as a car that is at least 8 years newer. Firehawks were the **** in 1998 and they're still the **** in 2011. Keep your car
Old 07-17-2011, 01:45 PM
On The Tree

if you put that 7-8 grand into the hawk the new camaro won't be able to touch it.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dude, its a Firehawk lol

nuff said
Old 07-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dontbl1nk
if you put that 7-8 grand into the hawk the new camaro won't be able to touch it.
the new camaro couldn't touch it stock unless your talking about the new zl1
Old 07-19-2011, 01:57 PM
TECH Resident

The car payment is the biggest factor of it. I hate having one on my SUV.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep the Hawk....