General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Flowmasters vs. Loudmouth?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 10:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LeanPocket
true duals imo, or geta electric cutout
+1 for E cutout. I just got mine welded up on friday and love it. And then it wont matter much what you catback is because if you're like me the cutout will be wide open all the time . It's not too loud if you have cats
Old 07-26-2011, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why does everyone choose a catback based on "power" gains. Catbacks gain so little power it should be about build quality and sound.

I guarantee you if you shove ear plugs into your ears and take a romp with a flowmaster catback, then do the same with an SLP LM2 you would NOT be able to tell a difference in power output. Mufflers are too far back in the exhaust to really affect power!
Old 07-26-2011, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FiredUpZ28
Mufflers are too far back in the exhaust to really affect power!
Old 07-26-2011, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why does everyone choose a catback based on "power" gains. Catbacks gain so little power it should be about build quality and sound.

I guarantee you if you shove ear plugs into your ears and take a romp with a flowmaster catback, then do the same with an SLP LM2 you would NOT be able to tell a difference in power output. Mufflers are too far back in the exhaust to really affect power!
A choke in the exhaust is a choke in the exhaust, whether it's at the header collector or the tailpipe.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Launching!

lol ive got LT's ORY Cut-out and the loud mouth on the motor in my sig and i LOVE IT shakes the ******* ground and thats why i chose it for my toy now if i had to drive it everyday id prolly go with something quieter but i dont give a ****, when i roll into a meet with that cut-out open i dont even have to rev it people can hear it at idle from 100 feet and at WOT it sounds like its gonna rip your head off and hand it to you. although i have been thinking of going to true duals but my damn tourqe arm relocation crossmemmber is kinda in the way and i need someone to custom fab them so they wont rub. not to mention on a trans-am rear bumper it looks odd two big voids where the tips are supposed to come out.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Launching!

bro you have no idea what your talking about. your comparing an aluminized steel flowmaster to a fully mandrel bent all stainless exhaust. If you honestly think flowmaster is on the same level as SLP, Corsa, Borla and Magnaflow when it comes to an f-body your sorely mistaken, if you dont beleive me look at some people who have done dyno testing on these products the numbers dont lie 10-20rwhp depending on mods is not a little difference......
Old 07-26-2011, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by strokerblackhawk
bro you have no idea what your talking about. your comparing an aluminized steel flowmaster to a fully mandrel bent all stainless exhaust. If you honestly think flowmaster is on the same level as SLP, Corsa, Borla and Magnaflow when it comes to an f-body your sorely mistaken, if you dont beleive me look at some people who have done dyno testing on these products the numbers dont lie 10-20rwhp depending on mods is not a little difference......
I concur
Old 07-26-2011, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

Im putting ebay long tubes with a y pipe on in the next month or so so i was considering changing the exhaust.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

Im still learning!hah this is my first car, i ask alot of questions too due to the fact i like to know what im talking about
Old 07-26-2011, 11:10 PM
Banned

I have the SLP LM1 exhaust system on my car, and it is very loud when you rev it. I only got it because I wanted the car to be loud, now if you add headers it will get ridiculously loud, too loud for DD as I understand. But I don't plan on adding headers.

I don't get much rasp with my setup, but that is mostly because I kept the cats on, I believe. And from what I read, I think the SLP one is the most free flowing exhaust, and to me sounds 10X better than Flowmaster. But if you're getting headers for it, get a different exhaust system.

Quick Reply: Flowmasters vs. Loudmouth?