General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

New Cut-Out first impressions

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by myk
Not that I'm saying you're wrong 'OP, but I figured that's where a cut-out would go. Does it matter? Someone chime in and enlighten us...
Here's my car. Cut outs are rite off the headers. If you have a nice cam then it goes from mild to wild.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyFnp...KgEWWk&index=2
Old 08-07-2011, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by canada4g63
Here's my car. Cut outs are rite off the headers. If you have a nice cam then it goes from mild to wild.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyFnp...KgEWWk&index=2
i will admit that does sound rather nice with a cam
Old 08-09-2011, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

got my downturn in.. took forever.. gonna install it today
Old 08-09-2011, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, I did notice the other day that somehow my power wire had fallen down into the line of fire of the exhaust! I've got it lined out now tho I think. It only singed it a little and didn't burn through thank God
Old 08-09-2011, 08:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If you get a electric flange for your cutout , get the wireless one. http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/Wireless/
Running wires is old school no matter how creative you go about it.

On a another note,nothing against where you put the cutout but since few mentioned , I figure I throw my 2cents in.

I always thought cutouts were to be placed before cats to either run open headers for the sound or just to avoid restrictive cats when you need to.

Last edited by bad_408_vert; 08-09-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
If you get a electric flange for your cutout , get the wireless one. http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/Wireless/
Running wires is old school no matter how creative you go about it.

On a another note,nothing against where you put the cutout but since few mentioned , I figure I throw my 2cents in.

I always thought cutouts were to be placed before cats to either run open headers for the sound or just to avoid restrictive cats when you need to.
Yea man I would love to get the remote, just gotta do it in stages. Lol, finances.. But as far as the placement, for the best performance before the cats would have been the best option I am sure. But like Leanpocket said, I didn't want to chance an o2 code, or my car to fill up with exhaust at a stoplight. One thing I cant stand is for a car to have a check engine light on long term. I know it doesn't bother a lot of people if they know what it is, so its just a pet peve of mine. Also, the placement is awesome because of how the floor is molded the qtp tucks up nicely without a chance of being scraped.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yea get a cam and do dual cutouts before the cats if your into big sound, when you get it tuned just have your rear o2s tuned out. it wont throw a code then and youll still get the cats cleaning, just wont know if they ever fail...

when i finished my car i had stock manifolds on my big cam ls3. quiet quiet, then i added open headers. you wanna talk about an earthquake? whole car shook violently and car alarms going off everywhere. then i added just a y pipe, it was like half as loud then.

now i have classic chambered muffler down the i pipe and two more classics in the back, its very simmilar to a gmmg but no rasp.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by t/a98
yea get a cam and do dual cutouts before the cats if your into big sound, when you get it tuned just have your rear o2s tuned out. it wont throw a code then and youll still get the cats cleaning, just wont know if they ever fail...

when i finished my car i had stock manifolds on my big cam ls3. quiet quiet, then i added open headers. you wanna talk about an earthquake? whole car shook violently and car alarms going off everywhere. then i added just a y pipe, it was like half as loud then.

now i have classic chambered muffler down the i pipe and two more classics in the back, its very simmilar to a gmmg but no rasp.
LOL! If i ever do a heads/cam on my ls1, I'm definitely getting a ORY and dual electric/wireless cutouts like the guy above me has.

But dropping in a cammed ls3 in a TA is just godly sir
please tell me u have a exhaust video
Old 08-10-2011, 02:42 PM
10 Second Club

I have the duel qtp electric cutouts on my 2010 camaro with longtubes and gutted cats going into a 3 inch x pipe setup with bullet race mufflers and magnaflows for the exit. It's pretty loud just with normal operation but when i open the cutouts it's like a promod. I mounted the toggle switch under the steering colume so as not to be seen. I usually wait till a guy with his stereo blasting beside me at a redlight to open them,lol.