General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Centerblocks for jackstands!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 05:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 283 Likes on 215 Posts

He's atleast going with the Grain..lol...

The cement block I use is under my Trailer foot where it's parked...and that one is solid.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That last post is crazy.I cant even imagine anything worse than that there
Old 11-27-2011, 08:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zlow28
Do you mean cinder blocks??

tell him theres a reason martial artists choose to break cinder blocks over jackstands using their hands
LMMFAO Use your head people. I really have seen them fail before, thankfully there wasnt anyone under the car at the time. He even shook the car first to make sure it was steady. About two minutes later out of nowhere it fell. could have been real shitty.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would NEVER use cinder blocks for holding up my car. Now 2x4's. Sure! When built correctly (IMO). When doing motor rebuilds on our Camaro's, a friend of mine built these stacks that are now lovingly referred to as the "Lincoln Logs". This way we could hold the car up high enough to get the engines out from underneath without having to use the hoist. They've worked many, many times without fail.

And that's just how high we put my car. His SS was sitting on the jackstands, which were sitting on upright "Lincoln Logs", not laid down like mine.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use cinder blocks under the wheels, but only as a preventive type deal. Say if the car were to fall off the jack stands for some odd reason, then hopefully the cinder blocks would catch the car. I always keep my jack under the car also in case the jack stands or cinder blocks fail. So hopefully my little 2 1/4 ton jack would save my life if both were to fail. The way I see it, if all 3 fail at one time then I wasn't meant to live anymore.

Can you tell I'm a little nervous when getting under a car?

Quick Reply: Centerblocks for jackstands!!