General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Best Aftermarket Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 09:50 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,213 Posts

IMO, nothing looks good on these cars other than the stock headlights, or maybe whistlered stock lights.
The following users liked this post:
fucter (01-16-2021)
Old 11-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bizzles

Look great, terrible quality.
Exactly what kind do you have? Just so I know to avoid those.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
IMO, nothing looks good on these cars other than the stock headlights, or maybe whistlered stock lights.
I think the whistlered are a vast improvement. The weakest and least attractive part of this car is the headlights, IMO. That's what makes them look like a Chrysler Concorde. The whilstered headlights set them apart, make it look more aggressive.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:56 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight '01
I think the whistlered are a vast improvement. The weakest and least attractive part of this car is the headlights, IMO. That's what makes them look like a Chrysler Concorde. The whilstered headlights set them apart, make it look more aggressive.
Aggressive is a matter of opinion I guess. I think the whistler mod looks good for dark colored cars, not so great on the light colored cars though.

I've never had a problem with the appearance of a stock F-body though (aside from the SAP cars.... I don't like the body kit), so I'm not really interested in most appearance mods myself. If this is your thing though, then go for it.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Aggressive is a matter of opinion I guess. I think the whistler mod looks good for dark colored cars, not so great on the light colored cars though.

I've never had a problem with the appearance of a stock F-body though (aside from the SAP cars.... I don't like the body kit), so I'm not really interested in most appearance mods myself. If this is your thing though, then go for it.
What's SAP?

So you don't think the whilstered headlights would look good on mine...?
Old 11-23-2011, 05:22 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

What's SAP?
SAP = Sport Appearance Package. It's the ground effects and extra spoiler lip that was optional on Z28 and V6 models.

It's not particularly common, but also not so rare that you never see it. I still seem them once in a while, but a lot of people have removed those kits over the years since many don't like it.

So you don't think the whilstered headlights would look good on mine...?
Well like any appearance mod, it's just a matter of opinion and all that matters is what you like since it's your car. But personally, I probably wouldn't do that on a white/silver/pewter car. If you must do something to modify the headlights though, whistler would be the way to go IMO. Halos and projectors look foul IMO, but that's because I prefer more stock looking cars. Others may not agree. The only right answer is the one that belongs to the car's owner.

Quick Reply: Best Aftermarket Headlights