General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Has anyone seen or preformed a LSA swap on a fbody?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Has anyone seen or preformed a LSA swap on a fbody?

http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44331

sounds like a good dream swap

Wonder how hard it'll be hehe
Old 01-16-2012, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 139 Likes on 112 Posts

Search in the GenIV engine section. My guess is that blower would present challenges. There are guys running Maggies on their 4th gens, but they cut the cowl, removed their wiper motors, shortened the engine mounts, or all three to do it.

Last edited by lees02WS6; 01-16-2012 at 12:11 PM. Reason: fixed poor grammar
Old 01-16-2012, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lees02WS6
Search in GenIV engine section. My guess it that blower would present challenges. There are guys running Maggies on there 4th gens, but they cut the cowl, removed wiper motors, shortened the engine mounts, or all three to do it.
I already search hence why I'm posting here.

I'm sure there would be some sort of fabrication but it shouldnt be impossible. If someone would need a cowl, then that'd be nice icy'ing on the cake.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:02 PM
LTX
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LeanPocket
I already search hence why I'm posting here.

I'm sure there would be some sort of fabrication but it shouldnt be impossible. If someone would need a cowl, then that'd be nice icy'ing on the cake.

If it wasnt for my LTx i would go with an LSA in my 94 Camaro. i wonder what the clearance would be under the hood know that the LSA SC is taller then the LS9's. I saw a LS9 4th gen go here: http://www.lsxtv.com/features/car-fe...th-gen-camaro/

Even better then a LSA!!
Old 01-16-2012, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LTX
If it wasnt for my LTx i would go with an LSA in my 94 Camaro. i wonder what the clearance would be under the hood know that the LSA SC is taller then the LS9's. I saw a LS9 4th gen go here: http://www.lsxtv.com/features/car-fe...th-gen-camaro/

Even better then a LSA!!

thx for the link,
it shouldnt be much different than the ls9.

the lsa it rather inexpensive at about 9k and some as 8k for a crate. I'm sure some trimming would be apparent, since thats what they did to that fbody for a ls9.

Imagine if it was cammed omg lol
meth kit!

omg im hating hard
Old 01-16-2012, 03:36 PM
LTX
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LeanPocket
thx for the link,
it shouldnt be much different than the ls9.

the lsa it rather inexpensive at about 9k and some as 8k for a crate. I'm sure some trimming would be apparent, since thats what they did to that fbody for a ls9.

Imagine if it was cammed omg lol
meth kit!

omg im hating hard
MMHMMMM a Dream Build: Big Fat Cammed LSA or LS9 with best head porting work, maybe stroked with full bolt ons. I would love to see 800-900bhp LSA or 9 in a 4th gen or use the LSX block and do a 454 LS9

but cant wait to see the first cammed and head ZL1 Camaro
Old 11-29-2017, 07:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Bringing this thread WAAAAY back from the dead.

I was reading up on what GM Performance Magazine did to install a LS9 into the F-Body and basically it "looked" as though they needed 2" of clearance. Would the same apply for an LSA? Would it need more or less?

Also what about the Throttle Body, it looks like its Drive by wire where as our F-Body's are Drive By Cable, how would we figure that out?
Old 11-29-2017, 09:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I’ve done it burn wasn’t cheap

Hey I las swapped my 94 and yes all of the above I lost the use of my windshield wipers lowered k member and stabilizer bars about an inch and with alittle trimming I was able to keep the stock ss hood find me on ig if u want to see pics ig jzakg420 and any questions asks hawks motorsports they made it happen And yes had to convert to electric tb
Old 11-29-2017, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason Giragosian
Hey I las swapped my 94 and yes all of the above I lost the use of my windshield wipers lowered k member and stabilizer bars about an inch and with alittle trimming I was able to keep the stock ss hood find me on ig if u want to see pics ig jzakg420 and any questions asks hawks motorsports they made it happen And yes had to convert to electric tb
How much did it cost you / parts and labor, did they mention the Magnacharger? It was looking as though the MAGNA charger won't cause you to lose your windshield wipers..am I wrong?

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen or preformed a LSA swap on a fbody?