General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Who has shipped a rear ... How much does a rear with center and axles weigh?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Question Who has shipped a rear ... How much does a rear with center and axles weigh?

I have a member looking to buy my mwc fab 9 so I need to get a quote on shipping. I have the housing, TQ arm, DS loop, center and axles. They are all still seperate from each so I'm sure I can send some stuff via FedEx or the mail.

I know the center is heavy as hell and the housing is the next heaviest, but I have no way of weighing them. Does anyone have an idea of what they weigh or what shipping would be OR the best way to ship all the parts? thanks guys!
Old 02-22-2012, 08:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

The entire rearend with center section, axles, will weigh around 180ish if it has a spool. Add 35-40 if it's a posi. UPS will ship up to 150lbs. I'd separate the center section and that way every part would be shippable. Otherwise you are looking at a frieght company with the rear being bolted down to a pallet.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by joelster
The entire rearend with center section, axles, will weigh around 180ish if it has a spool. Add 35-40 if it's a posi. UPS will ship up to 150lbs. I'd separate the center section and that way every part would be shippable. Otherwise you are looking at a frieght company with the rear being bolted down to a pallet.
The rear was never assembled so everything is in its own respective box. The center is built and weighs a ton, but that's it.

Thanks for the help