General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Quick question on a grounding wire and oil pressure sensor

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 08:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quick question on a grounding wire and oil pressure sensor

Sup all,

Just want to know where a grounding wire goes. I have a 99 T/A.

It's the wire that's on the same tubing as the driver's side front O2, bu the steering shaft. It's about 8in long and copper color with the two flat screw hole ends. Where do the two ends screw to?

Second Q: Is there such a thing as a 2-wire OPSU with 16x1.5 thread? From what I read, the 98s use 2 wire M12x1.5 and 99+ use 1 wire M16x12.5. Is that correct? Only reason I ask is, my car had a 2-wire sensor (not hooked up) and the harness is 1-wire. When I removed the 2-wire sensor, the 1 wire sensor screwed right on. So how does it make sense the 2-wire sensor fit in the thread? I don't have either one in front of me and didn't think about it at the time. I know this is a ridiculous question.

Another quick question: Does the OPSU require a washer? The replacement one didn't have one on it, but the one I took off did.

TIA!
Old 03-26-2012, 06:24 AM
TECH Regular

i can answer your first part the ground strap on one end bolts to the block just under the alternater and the other end bolts to the frame rail under the antilock module pick ahole in the rail
Old 03-26-2012, 08:24 AM
Staging Lane

Awesome, thank you!

Anyone got an idea on the other two Q's?