General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Online parts catalog

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Online parts catalog

So, 99% of my questions I have regarding my engine swap are part number related, trying to see what's interchangeable between the '04 CTS-V and a 02 SS setup. Does anyone know of a good online parts catalog, so I don't have to pester my GM guy to see if the bellhousing from the CTS-V is the same part number as the one for an 02 SS? something similar to what BMW has with www.realoem.com ?
Old 04-20-2012, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

GMPartsDirect might work for you
Old 04-20-2012, 10:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try this pdf... it has everything but the diagrams aren't the clearest.

http://garcia-reunion.com/cam5mod/93...2520Manual.pdf
Old 04-21-2012, 12:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think I can give a valid answer to this considering I'm in the parts business in some capacity.. bother your GM guy. The reason for this is because most online parts catalogs are copies of GM's catalog done (usually very crappily) by 3rd party companies. Go straight to the source and just ask an experienced tech in a dealership service/parts department. Just my $.02.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank You very much for the link wav3form! 02firehawkT/A, I agree with you (I'm stuck twisting wrenches for BMW) but a lot of my questions are to check compatibility, and I feel bad buying cheaper parts at a discounted rate from the GM guy, then asking him to look up part numbers for my car, so I can compare them to parts I already have. I just don't want to ask anyone to work for free if i can do it on my own, that way if I legitimately CAN'T do it myself, I can ask them to help me with a clean conscience. That or I come with Wendy's as a bribe. As a technician, we'll do anything for someone who brings food.