General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

license plate covers

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 06:34 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default license plate covers

i was wondering if any of you young studlies would know where,and what kind of cover i can put over my license plates so the speed cameras can't see the numbers not that i speed (heh heh.) but i like safe,spirited driving during off peak hours on 4 lane super slabs. i've seen adds for reflective paint but there are alot of covers out there that seem to be abetter option. here in mo. we can't have obstructions covering numbers .i've seen alot of smoked covers ,but i need something that is a for sure. i'm tired of big brother watching fine upstanding citizens doing some harmless speeding on deserted roadways with no one around. give me some ideas or places i can get these reflective plates,and while you guys are at it whats a good 3to4 hundred dollar radar detector. mine faled me it's 4 years old and i guess its not up to the latest technology. thanks LS nation in advance, help the oldman out.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:38 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

duct tape
Old 05-17-2012, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not sure but i do have some plate covers with some refelctive material on the inside, i cant use any covers where i am at cause they pull me over for that ****. but anyway its reflective during a camera flash but clear looking at it. ill post pics of it when i get home. im at work, working hard on this keyboard
Old 05-17-2012, 09:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mythbusters tried a bunch of these and none worked. I know they are not perfect, but just saying.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 147 Likes on 133 Posts

Car and Driver has some covers advertised in the back of their magazine but I can't remember what the company was. As far as radar detectors, I've heard good things about Valentine 1 but I personally have no experience with it.