General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

header solution?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah the chrome BBKs obviously won't last the same as stainless, but I've had them on 2 years now, even got caught in surprise rain a couple times. They have started to turn colors a bit but NO rust. Painted headers rust almost immediately. Combine that with the fact that they come with a Y-pipe and are easier to install than any other header and they are a pretty good deal.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about this idea. But back on a set of the stock exhaust manifolds and save your money until you can afford what you want. My first set of headers did the same thing, split where they couldn't be fixed.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nmbr5ml
Yeah the chrome BBKs obviously won't last the same as stainless, but I've had them on 2 years now, even got caught in surprise rain a couple times. They have started to turn colors a bit but NO rust. Painted headers rust almost immediately. Combine that with the fact that they come with a Y-pipe and are easier to install than any other header and they are a pretty good deal.
My headers look like a rainbow now, but no rust. My car is a DD.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my hookers are holding up well. the y pipe they sent needed some work and bumpstops. made good power with em, and to me they sounded awesome. i got painted ones haha. i just keep spraying rust **** on em to slow the process down, and brush em up every once in a while. it is possible to take care of them.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

I have SLP Headers and they make great power. Sound, and they still look brand new 5 years later.