General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

why is my car so sluggish??

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just dont have $150 to blow on o2's right now.
got a house payment to pay lol.
hopefully next week.
i think the ones behind the cats are whats throwning the code if i remember correctly.
where is the pcv valve?
ive never messed with them before.

as for the tps, i think its already been cleaned,
ill give it another run through but the throttle body was spotless
Old 07-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Teching In

If the O2 sensors are original they need to be replaced. trust me it isn't money you are blowing. The front sensors determine the fuel trims that the engine needs to run properly. If you are planning on headers, the originals won't reach anyway and you will need to replace them. I just ordered new ones from Amazon for $52 each (Denso 234-4617 Oxygen Sensor). These are for 2002 Corvettes but will work in our cars and be long enough if you are running headers. you might as well order these and put them in and be ahead of the game when you get the headers.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Why don't you take it by an Autozone and see if you are throwing any codes. Can't hurt and it's free.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Launching!

i have taken it to autozone,
2 codes for o2's and one because i wired in a fan switch.
something like "fan ground error" or something
Old 07-19-2012, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

Ok... First of all, buy an OBII scanner ASAP... If you have a modded car you should always have one, they are cheap anyways.

When cleaning the MAF alot of people are misinformed and due it wrong. They actually just clean inside the plastic housing. You buy maf cleaner for the tiny maf wires... That's how you clean a MAF... I'm amazed to this day how many people will actually spray that crap on the plastic

You can test your O2 sensors by taking one out at a time and swapping sides if your throwing a code...That way you will only have to buy one, and you'll know which one.

With that many miles on your car, you might as well run some Seafoam through their as well. You most likley have carbon build up from hell. Do this before replacing your O2 sensors though...

Good luck
Old 07-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99Custom
Ok... First of all, buy an OBII scanner ASAP... If you have a modded car you should always have one, they are cheap anyways.

When cleaning the MAF alot of people are misinformed and due it wrong. They actually just clean inside the plastic housing. You buy maf cleaner for the tiny maf wires... That's how you clean a MAF... I'm amazed to this day how many people will actually spray that crap on the plastic

You can test your O2 sensors by taking one out at a time and swapping sides if your throwing a code...That way you will only have to buy one, and you'll know which one.

With that many miles on your car, you might as well run some Seafoam through their as well. You most likley have carbon build up from hell. Do this before replacing your O2 sensors though...

Good luck
i cleaned the maf just as you described.
ill try doing that with the o2's
im pretty religous about using seafoam.
every 3 oil changed through the vacuum line
Old 07-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Compression/leak down, dont spend anymore money untill thats done

Quick Reply: why is my car so sluggish??