General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Hello ls1 people

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello ls1 people

I am a auto technician i like the vintage stuff but i want to learn about the late model things, racing and oem. I am thinking about a custom car to build with a richmond and engine. What engine would you put into a race car for the salt flats and el mirage?

Last edited by salazarich; 08-02-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by salazarich
I am a auto technician i like the vintage stuff but i want to learn about the late model things, racing and oem. I am thinking about a custom car to build with a richmond and engine. What engine would you put into a race car for the salt flats and el mirage?

hmm...a top speed application I am assuming. torque is not necessarily as important since you would not necessarily be taking off like a bat out of hell. really you cant go wrong, but a forged ls2 or ls3 or even a 5.3 should do well. you will prob want to run it on e85 to keep it cool.

an aluminum block is going to dissapate the heat.

I'd say any of those motors with a decent single or twins would pull 200+ if you put the car on a major diet and make at least 950-1000rwhp.

these motors are monsters. that is all that really can be said. we welcome you and hope youll become a fan just as we all have.