General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Fixing up the Camaro, need help finding parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixing up the Camaro, need help finding parts

My wife has given my the green light to fix up my 1999 Z28. It has been my DD for the past 5 years and has had a bit of a rough go including several theft attempts and 60k miles of driving on every kind of road imaginable. I have been looking online and have found some of the parts but the prices from site to site are quite different and almost none of them have reviews so I'm trying to find the right stuff, at the right price, that actually works. Here is a list of stuff that it needs:

Drivers side mirror - non-powered
Drivers side, inside, plastic mirror plate (holds adjustment **** in place)
Dash pad
Plastic wing nuts that hold taillights in place
Door weatherstripping
Plastic locks to hold trunk area speaker covers in place

Those are the main things that need replaced. I also need help with these things:

Keeping trunk carpet in place around taillights and latch - it never wants to stay in place, always leaves a gap no matter what I try.

Stereo wiring - Guy before me rigged together aftermarket stereo and then pulled it out before selling the car leaving a patched together wiring job. Need to rewire it back to stock. It does have the Delco amp. I need the wiring diagram and to know what stock wires were used.

Hood alignment - Hood no longer closes correctly, edge of hood, now doesn't fit flush with bumper. I have no idea how to adjust this.

I know this is a long post and I apologize but I really just want to make sure I do this right to make my car look and run like it should.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd post in the classifieds there are plenty of F bodys that people are parting out. You can probably google the stereo wiring.... For the trunk lining make sure its tucked into the weather stripping, once you get the speaker panels installed right it should hold.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what he said ^ most of what your looking for can come from 93-02 cars so plenty of parts cars to choose from. I have a 95 I will be parting out when I move back home from camp in the next few weeks - does the mirror need to be color matched or do you plan to paint it ? which weatherstrip you need ?
Old 09-12-2012, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to your local pick a part type junk yard. One where you pull the part. Pennies on the dollar and it's all oem!
Old 09-14-2012, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 147 Likes on 133 Posts

Try Hawks Third Gen, Classic Industries, and ebay.

Quick Reply: Fixing up the Camaro, need help finding parts