General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Improving The "Quality Feel" of an F-Body.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my car with pretty high mileage. It had horrible,horrible wheel hop. I replaced the shocks on the rear with crappy KYB G2 or GR2 whatever they are. I also replaced the factory C6 wheels that were on it with OEwheels C5 DD 17X9.5 all the way around. Dropped the wheel hop by maybe 25% nothing really substantial, so I had still had wheel hop. Even with the new tires it rode like ****. Fast forward a year I replaced sway bar bushings, end links, tie rods, all the control arm bushings and installed poly LCA's. All my wheel hop stopped. Car rode somewhat tighter more rigid maybe?? Hard to explain. Not a massive ride quality difference. Now I have all new decent tires all the way around and it made a huge difference. I guess all the work finally paid off. Next thing to do is Billsteins. As far as the rattles inside mine is to bad, but I am use to older vehicles and i've had a couple 3rd gens and a fox body mustang which was the worst **** i ever rode in.
From what I gather on here Billsteins seem to be the number one thing to do. I would also replace all the upper/lower control arm bushings and sway bar bushings and endlinks while ya do the shocks. Its really not that expensive. I did the work myself though. Other than taking the control arms to get the bushings pushed out and back in.

Quick Reply: Improving The "Quality Feel" of an F-Body.