General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

need help ws6 or z06

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 01:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my opinion the Ws6 is a sexier car, plus all that extra money you would use to buy that c5z could be used to make the ws6 just as mean. goodluck both are really awesome cars.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Teching In

The Z06/C5 platform is not for everybody. Even some C5 owners are not fixed roof fans. We all have different tastes and will usually root for the home team. I'm 60 years old and have had a multitude of different muscle cars, all of which put a smile on my face for one reason or another. I don't own a Corvette just to say I have a Vette. In fact over the years, everytime I thought I wanted a Corvette, I'd go drive one. I would walk away wondering why I would want to spend my hard earned money on a fast buckboard.
That all changed when I drove my first C5. After that first drive I spent 2 years looking and deciding which version I wanted, taking into account color, options and cost. While the C5 is not perfect it is the best all around drivers car I have ever sat my *** in.
This looks dated????

The original question can not be answered fairly, each person has to decide what's best for there situation. For me the C5 has been the best choice.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

My advice to you would be that, if you are intent on buying one of those two cars, and the Vette is in your price range, yet you still can't decide.....buy the F-body. Most of the people I know who want a ZO6, yet don't own one, are denying themselves due to the financial implications. Since, according to your original post, both cars seem to be in your price range, I surmise that if you wanted the Vette THAT badly, you would not be experiencing indecision.
Although I consider the F-body to be the more practical choice of the two, I doubt very many people would purchase either vehicle based on its practicality. I have two friends with C5 Z06s, one with bolt-ons, and one with a 402, and I've driven both. Although I appreciated the virtues of their cars, they just aren't for me. It all comes down to personal preference, and it seems clear to me. If you can't decide between the two, choose the lesser of the two (financial)evils, and spend the money you saved on purchase price to mod the WS6.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:14 PM
TECH Regular

I personally would start with a zo6 after all i have been through and learned. A bone stock f- body is usuallly around 305-325 rear wheel hp where as ive seen zo6 have been 350-370 rear wheel stock. f- body 3600 pounds zo6 3000 lbs. Fastest recorded f- body factory stock in the quarter mile was high 12' s Fastest zo6 ive seen has gone high 11' s bone stock. I can dig that one up but will have to be later. Just my .o2 cents on the subject'. (01-02 f- bodys) and (02-04 zo6' s).

Quick Reply: need help ws6 or z06