General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Should I trade my WS6 for a GTO? Need advice please.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 09:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would fix the clutch issue and modify the seat to fit me and then buy the GTO for my wife!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by superbee_68
Here is the dilema. I have a 98 WS6 that I've had for five years now. I have spent quite a bit of money modding this car and I just repainted it so it looks imaculate. Now that I bought a new truck, I never drive the car. When I do drive it, I feel cramped inside and feel like my knees are always touching the steering wheel even with the seat all the way back. I don't think I am any taller, I guess I just didn't realize how small it was until now. The car is in amazing condition BTW. Anyway, my mom has an 06 GTO with 50,XXX miles on it that I have mantained for her and it is also imaculate. It already has the sap front bumper, a shifter, diff cover, and catback exhaust. Well she saw an M3 the other day and wants one so the GTO has to go. She will sell it to me for a great price, but I already have a hefty truck payment and can't justify a second car payment. So if I want this car, I have to sell the trans am. I just don't know if I can sell it, even though I don't drive it much. You could say I am emotionally attached to the car.

So the question is, do I trade up to the GTO and sell my WS6, or just let her sell it and keep my TA? I believe I would drive the GTO more because the car is much more comfortable for me to sit in. But, I am back to an almost stock car and have to start the modding all over again, and someone else will be tearing up my TA which I have preserved so well!

Which is woth more money in 20 years? Which is the better car? What would you do? Any advice is much appreciated.
is that yellow superbee yours? pretty awesome...im building a 70 roadrunner right now..id say the gto is worth more right now..at least were im at there getting more...looks like u have ur bee too have fun in,,so a car like the gto u can DD and have fun in as well is nice.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:36 PM
TECH Regular

If you don't drive the car for enjoyment then sell it.
No point in having an emothional paperweight sitting in the garage.

The LS1 WS6 has always been one of my favorite GM cars with it's beastly looks and street presence. I don't see how you are attached to it, yet you don't like driving it.

Sell it to a good home.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 501 Likes on 361 Posts

[QUOTE=RPM WS6;17027578]Yes sir, I remember, I think it was a '95 and it was green (or at least the text in your signature for it was green I think).

Now that is one sharp mind and memory. You are 100% correct.
Sorry OP, back to the topic.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by joshb1983
is that yellow superbee yours? pretty awesome...im building a 70 roadrunner right now..id say the gto is worth more right now..at least were im at there getting more...looks like u have ur bee too have fun in,,so a car like the gto u can DD and have fun in as well is nice.
Yeah the superbee is mine too. It has been around a lot longer than the TA and is 100% for sure not for sale. Been offered stupid money for it and turned it down. Its a car you can't help but enjoy driving no matter what.

70 Roadrunner is a beautiful car, one of my favorite plymouths. If you need a motor I've got two 383's and a 440 or two in various conditions sitting around. I've got a 70 cuda sitting in the garage waiting for me to start on it. Just need the time.

So after talking with mom last night, I think I have decided to put the TA up for sale and let it go to a good home where it can be enjoyed. I will not sell it to someone that doesn't know what it is or won't take care of it. But I agree that it's pointless to have a car sitting in the garage you never drive. I know I would drive the GTO to work more often than the TA.

BTW, I have the one of the coolest moms in the world. She will finance, interest free, the difference between what I sell mine for and what the dealer offers her for trade. Should be around $100-$150 a month. It would be pretty dumb not to take this deal. I'll get some new pics and get the car posted on Craigslist next week.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Teching In

Agreed with everyone else, only you can make up your own mind. Me personally however, Id go GTO all the way and never look back. Then again Im a bit biased bc Im a GTO owner and Im also putting down an NA 500rwhp. Do what you want but even a stock GTO wouldn't disappoint me. Good luck.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:01 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds like a good deal w/ your mom, good luck, you'll enjoy the GTO.

I couldn't make up my mind between my GTO and WS6, so I kept both lol.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd go for the GTO, but your asking the internet about making your own personal choice so none of our suggestions really even matter. The only question is; do you want the GTO?
Old 01-05-2013, 07:54 AM
Teching In

Buy the GTO and sell it back to your mom when she gets tired of the M in a couple of years.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nomoneyz
I'd go for the GTO, but your asking the internet about making your own personal choice so none of our suggestions really even matter. The only question is; do you want the GTO?

Bingo, its all up to you but I dont see you getting alot out off your WS6, its not heavily modded accourding to your sig....But like said before no one opinions matter except yours.....GL
Old 01-05-2013, 02:36 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds like you alread made your decision. I sold my 99 Firehawk Formula (my third f-body after owning a 98 A4 TA, and a 98 M6 TA) in 08 to buy an 05 GTO from a family member. Kept the car around for a few years, and really enjoyed driving it, but I actually started to miss driving my old toys, so I sold the GTO and bought my current 2000 WS6. No doubt the GTO is a better car, but I just got bored with it. Nostalgia got me back in another TA. My next toy will be a C6Z, but more than likely I will always have an F-body around.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jthunderz28
I don't see how you are attached to it, yet you don't like driving it.

Sell it to a good home.
Put superbly.

When I'm attached to a car, I look forward to even the little things..like anticipating the initial start up every day. Growling cam and exhaust, ttops, rattly interior, imperfect creaks and squeaks, moderately comfortable interior, and its insanely predictable ability to put a huge *** smile on my face any time I drop the gear and force some fuel into those cylinders!

This is why Im going back to the fbody platform.
My 03 B3000 dual sport is for weekend/utility purposes, hardly driven.
My 04 supercharged cavalier (fully built by me) is my dd. Fast, but not exhilarating to drive.
My 2000 WS6, for the above forementioned.

Only you can know whether or not firing up which car in the morning will put a bigger smile on your face, will give you that feeling of excitement looking forward to lunch time at work just to drive it, and feeling an odd, nearly illegal attachment to your car you simply cant explain to others.

to me, a GTO has neither the looks or feel to have that. But again, at almost 32, I'm old school Good luck on your decision, if you havent made it yet!
Old 01-05-2013, 10:40 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Nothing is as unique as a WS6
Old 01-05-2013, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

Ws6 ftw
Old 01-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Teching In

I can see where the goat would be more comfortable but it's gonna suck when your old t/a lines up beside you one day and spanks you.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Considering that you have owned the ws6 for 5 years and put a lot of time and money in it, why let it go and have someone else enjoy it?

Plus it looks way better than a gto imo.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ws6 all day
Old 01-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Banned

go with the gto!
Old 01-24-2013, 02:01 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Personally, having owned both a WS6 and a GTO at the same time... I liked driving the WS6 more. Yes, it has quirks, but so does the GTO. The GTO is quieter, has a smoother ride, has nicer interior quality... but there's also that strut rub issue a lot of them had (mine did, also). Getting in and out of the back seat in a GTO sucks, but once you're there it is comfortable. Neither car has any real trunk space, but getting stuff in and out of a GTO trunk is a lot easier. GTO is heavier, slower, and if you wanna take it to the track, it's harder to get them to hook.

If it was my choice, I'd keep the WS6..
Old 01-24-2013, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveWs6
Nothing is as unique as a WS6
Not sure if serious....

Quick Reply: Should I trade my WS6 for a GTO? Need advice please.