General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What are your winter plans for your car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 12:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It is just sitting. I'm trying to get into a house (with a garage for the car!) but the one I wanted looks like it has fallen through, but we'll see. My original list for the car was long but in light of housing I've decided to just make it road-worthy again this spring. This will include some mods/upgrades as it doesn't make sense long-term to spend money on just fixing up the stock stuff just to upgrade later.

So given that, I'm going to be replacing ball joints, tie rod ends, rear LCAs, wheels/tires, and probably shocks. Shocks still have some life left in them as those had been replaced once, so those are last. Rest of everything is pretty well worn out. Odds are I'll find other things along the way also. But at least this will get it back on the road again and not sound like I'm leaving parts behind when I go over a bump Sad thing is this will barely make a dent in the long-term list but hey, gotta start somewhere.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can barely afford to mod this car anymore. But my tax return will be replacing the headers, new quick disconnects for the fuel system and new front tires. Order new axles/studs and get my gears installed.

I really need new shocks and springs as the Eibach set has been sagged for a while. Need to completely rebuild the front end and get new LCA's for the front and back.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm hoping to get a new fuel pump, drag radials, ported tb, and ssra once my taxes come back. Still got some stuff to go like my door hinge, fill in the holes from the gay rs spoiler and paint it, and get the front bumper painted. Once it get a little easier to work outside I'm gunna take out the back seats and ac.

Quick Reply: What are your winter plans for your car?