General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Pennzoil "Ultra" and ZMax....

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Pennzoil "Ultra" and ZMax....

Don't know if anyone has tried this yet.... and I am not one to fall into "Hype", but since I switched to Pennzoil "Ultra" Now full time and adding ZMax my gas mileage has gone from 19.5 to 19.9 mpg. That may not sound like a big difference to some but there is still something to be said for that. I have been using it now for awhile and the result has been a positive one IMO. Not saying that the other brands used before were bad they have all been great: (aka: Lucas Oil, Pennzoil "Platinum", Mobil 1 for ex.), However I switched to Pennzoil "Ultra" about 6 oil changes ago on my '06 Ford Mustang GT Coupe (Modified)... (yes you read right see my new member intro.) and that has been the result. Started to see results in the 1st oil change just for the record.
Thanks.

(I was reading posts about high mileage LS cars and since I had been experimenting with the ZMax and "Ultra" synth. figured I would share the results.)
Old 02-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Zmax gave you better gas mileage? Hmmm...maybe that one bottle had the oil from a better quality snake.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:16 PM

The ZMax you add every 6k miles not at every oil change (Unless you change oil every 6k miles). Just on the 1st oil change I watched my avg. go from a steady 19.5 to a 19.7 after 2k miles (not enough to make me really exited). By the 3rd oil change and second dose of ZMax it pretty much went to a steady 19.9 mpg. All I know is the proof was there... and that is all I needed.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Teching In

Good post. Fuel economy is important if its your DD. Mine may see 5 fill ups a year so MPG really means nothing to me.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:27 AM
11 Second Club

Talking zmax and royal purple

I just changed my oil royal purple and this time decided to use zmax for the first time,. I have an after market k member with solid motor mounts and after zmax it seems to be a lot smoother throughout the RPM i did a 140mph run before having to slow down and it was the smoothes yet. I highly recomend it you have to get the car hot before dumping it in tho.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Teching In

Amsoil and Valvoline guy over here but looks like zmax treatment is worth looking into.

Quick Reply: Pennzoil "Ultra" and ZMax....