General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Need Advice with LS1 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 10:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice with LS1 Exhaust

So I've decided over my next few paychecks I'm taking the expensive plunge into headers, pipes, cutout, and a tune. I've been looking into, and pretty much decided on the TSP 1 3/4" headers and TSP True Duals, but I'm open to other conventional Y-Pipe options as well. With the TD's, is it possible to still run catalytics, or do they need to be deleted? I'm in Columbus, OH, so catalytic converters aren't required for emissions testing, but down the road it could potentially be a problem if I move somewhere for work. Do the TD's generally put down more power than a Y-Pipe system, about the same, or less? Any input is gladly appreciated, thanks!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 215 Likes on 165 Posts

Catalyic converters are required everywhere under the federal clean air act, the penalty is steep, and finding a shop that looks the other way can be an issue for some. Lots of people remove them and get away with it. I have cats on my true duals, they cut down or completely remove rasp from the exhaust.

A y-pipe can work just as well depending on size.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...aust-info.html
Old 06-19-2013, 09:36 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by lees02WS6
Catalyic converters are required everywhere under the federal clean air act, the penalty is steep, and finding a shop that looks the other way can be an issue for some. Lots of people remove them and get away with it. I have cats on my true duals, they cut down or completely remove rasp from the exhaust.

A y-pipe can work just as well depending on size.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...aust-info.html
Which true dual system do you have on your car that runs with cats, or is it custom? Would prefer to run cats if I can
Old 06-19-2013, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 215 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by brendo389
Which true dual system do you have on your car that runs with cats, or is it custom? Would prefer to run cats if I can
It's custom. Just have an exhaust shop weld them in to what ever system you get.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:30 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by lees02WS6
It's custom. Just have an exhaust shop weld them in to what ever system you get.
I think I will, I have magnaflow high flow's, so ill probably just be able to have the ends cut off and the cats straight, onto the system.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:30 PM
10 Second Club

I have kook 1 3/4 with high flow cats and had no problem passing insp, 3 in y pipe and slp loudmouth

Quick Reply: Need Advice with LS1 Exhaust