General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

zmax use?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 11:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default zmax use?

anyone here use zmax? ive did some reading and it seems to be good ****, with science behind it, but most of it is advertising for them so of course it sounds good. any real world expirience? its pricey but if its worth it so be it. oil zmax, fuel zmax?
Old 08-15-2013, 11:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That stuff was run through the wringer a few years back, with suspicion of false claims. I think there were some lawsuits, and I'm not sure exactly how it turned out. Perhaps the s*** they sell now is actually worth a damn.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd say that about 70% of all oil additives are snake oil and even then the other 30% are unnecessary if you use good oil to start with. As for fuel additives maybe a little Seafoam from time to time but for the most part consistently using good name brand premium fuel will keep you fuel system clean.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

use good oil, buy top tier fuel and maybe use a good fuel injector cleaner once an oil change if you want to feel good

don't dump **** in your oil
Old 08-16-2013, 07:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any of the advertised advantages of ZMax oil formulation can be had with a top tier synthetic oil with the appropriate viscosity for your vehicle. As for the ZMax gas formulation, stick with a top tier gas and you won't have to use SeaFoam or Techron Fuel System cleaner that often unless most of your driving is stop 'n go in the city.

Still, it's your money, your choice. There are plenty of alternatives for engine/fuel system cleaners/enhancers out there competing for your money. I prefer to save my money by paying a little more up front for the best products than burn it on advertising promises.

Good Luck!
Old 08-16-2013, 12:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use fuel to clean my fuel injectors. I do it every time I drive. Sounds like a lot of work, but it isn't.

Quick Reply: zmax use?