General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Head and cam or leave stock
H/C
46.88%
Stock
53.13%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

A little advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 09:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for all the advice. I will more than likely just leave it stock and continue to keep it in pristine condition.

NC01TA, I know what you mean about keeping it a 10/10 and believe me it is all that! Underneath this car looks as good as the topside does. Leather conditioner only, never any silicone based products, she is immaculate in every way. I only asked for others advice due to my own feelings for keeping her stock. thanks to all.

Dan
Old 09-25-2013, 09:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by 35thredz
thanks guys for all the advice. She will be a garage queen as it has been regardless of what I plan on doing with it. I already have a nice cam kit sitting in the floor from TSP and have been talking with Phil from AI.

I guess I will just put it up forsale and see what happens. If it sales I guess it wasn't meant for me to build it up, if not here comes a bad a** build!

Kinglt-1 nice car, mine is a hard top also, looks identical except I have zr1's, and its an SS. I don't think I have seen your car around town.
Thanks! Its a 1sc stripper, fairly rare as I believe only 500 were produced, however its no SS. A car sales man at kelly chevy on state street ordered it. It currently has 16k miles and I am torn on modding it any further. I still have all the stock parts including the manifolds and cats. I dont come out north much these days, but you might see my brother out in my old car. Red 96 z28 t-top m6 with a 383. It has the 17" billet specialties up front with 15" in the rear.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kinglt-1, I remember that car, as I stopped in Kelly and looked at it, nice car.

I believe if I do mod this one that I will keep all the original parts and just try and get the most out of the 241 heads and ls6 intake. The cam and some valve train pieces is really all that will be changed. I have always wanted to see what the stock heads and intake could do fully modded to their full potential.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stock cars are pretty slow compared to the 2013 standard. I vote procharger.

Quick Reply: A little advice