General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Auto or Manuel?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 10:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto or Manuel?

Alright so here's my situation. I'm trying to get into an LSX powered car. I've found a really clean 06 gto, only 70k miles, black on black, going for 17k. The only problem with it is that it's an automatic. I've also found a black on black 02 z28 that is about a 2 hour drive from here. I haven't been able to make it there and test it out yet, but it's only 9k and with 130k miles on the clock I think I could get it for much less. It looks to be in great condition and its got the 6 speed

So any opinions/reasons I should choose one or the other? I want to wait and test the Camaro but I'm scared if its not the right car the gto will e gone by then. But I really want a stick.

P.S. I just joined the military, and I was thinking after a deployment I would be able to afford either a new ls1 for the camaro with less miles or maybe go ***** to the wall and swap in an ls2 or ls3 or something. So the mileage isn't too big a deal with the camaro
Old 10-13-2013, 10:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts

This has been discussed many times on here and the one common agreement is DO NOT SETTLE!! Get what you want.
I really hope you are not letting a lousy 2 hour drive keep you from a car you might like. The particular car you are thinking about is certainly overpriced at $9,000 which you indicate you realize already. It has way too many miles for that kind of $$. Your description of a 130,000 miles car as 'great' is really off the wall. There will be things wrong with the car so make sure you take along an unbiased set of eyes. You usually can 'feel the seller out' if he will take less money. If that's the case, go get that unbiased buddy and take a drive. If the car doesn't check out or the price is wrong, so what?? You wasted a few dollars on gas and fast food. That's part of finding the right car. Again, DO NOT SETTLE! This is a lot of money.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:08 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

NC01TA makes a really good point. Also, if you know you want a manual, make sure you get a manual. Peronsally, I prefer manual and i'd find it agonizing to drive an automatic sports car around. I think you can find way better deals than the ones listed above! Where are you from?
Old 10-13-2013, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Old 10-13-2013, 11:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

ill just say both sellers are asking too much.

get what you want. i have my choice of either.perhaps try that.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:11 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,792 Likes on 1,277 Posts

Yeah, the auto vs. manual thing has been done way too many times. Pointless debate, because the answer is always the same: Get what you prefer, not what someone else prefers. There is no other right answer, ever, no matter what sort of biased opinions someone chooses to offer. Who cares if someone else finds something boring, or annoying? Are THEY going to be driving YOUR car? Get what you like; that will make you happy 100% of the time.

For questions on value, please use the "What's it Worth" section.

Quick Reply: Auto or Manuel?