General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Which Exhaust is Best?
Borla
45.45%
Magnaflow
9.09%
Flowmaster
0%
Pacesetter
0%
Kooks
18.18%
Stainless Works
9.09%
Gibson
0%
B&B
0%
Other
18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Favorite/Best Exhaust Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 05:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Favorite/Best Exhaust Manufacturer

Hey everybody,

I'm trying to get a feel for what kinds of parts the GM/LSx community is into. I'm curious as to what kind of loyalty exists for various exhaust manufacturers. Please take a look at the poll and vote for your favorite exhaust company.

Which exhaust do you personally run? Which is the best? Why? Factors to consider are brand heritage, value for money, performance gains, sound, fitment, overall quality, etc.

If you don't see your preferred exhaust company, vote for "other" and post up in this thread!

Thanks!

-Trevor.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:03 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

I voted "other".

At some point over the last ~15 years, I've had a catback from just about every major source across my four LS1 F-bodies. By far, my overall favorite was/is Bassani. They no longer make a catback for these cars, but it was definitely my favorite blend of sound and fit/finish for this application; I wish this system would be re-introduced. Very deep, a bit on the quiet side with cats but just perfect with an ORY (and with minimal rasp), high quality stainless with ball-flanged tail pipes for comprehensive adjustment, no goofy looking tips (simple high polished 3" slash cut), and 3" diameter from beginning to end. They also had a true dual kit for a period, but I never owned one of those - only the catback.

Having said that, I still keep a set of original style Flowmasters on my old Nova. I've tried other's, but nothing sounds as good (to me) as true dual 40-series behind a Gen I SBC.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had Hooker and now I have Borla now, and I like the Hooker a lot better.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:43 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Wow, you've asked a question that's consumed the External Engine forum on this board for the better part of 10 years. There'll be a variety of answers depending on what "exhaust" part you're talking about - LT's, mids, shorties, Y-pipes, catbacks, mufflers, duals ... no one manufacturer has it all; people have their preferences for each individual piece.

Quick Reply: Favorite/Best Exhaust Manufacturer