General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

4th gen F body or GTO

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 09:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Short answer = f body
Old 12-06-2013, 04:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The weight thing is negilgible IMO...you can pull 100lbs out of a Goat pretty easily w/ all the extra bracing (gas tank, tow) etc. A loaded WS6 is within 100lbs at that point.

I owned both at the same time up until last year...the GTO was a HCI car making @460rwhp while the WS6 was a very minor bolt-on (CB, shocks, shifter) car. Both were low mileage (GTO-24K, WS6 76K). The GTO was a very comfortable, pretty quick car...mine never had any of the common issues but alot of that was probably due to the low miles. The WS6 was just as comfortable, IMO...way different seating position but very easy to cruise in. My WS6 didn't rattle at all, honestly as much as I loved the sound/attitude of the Goat the WS6 was my favorite to drive...steering feels more connected, handles great right out of the box (GTO needs some work in that dept)...and who can argue w/ T-tops lol. Also GTO parts (body, int. etc) are going to be hard to find in the future, only 40K produced...F-body parts are easy to come by. GTO is IRS, great ride/handling, $$ to mod...F-bod is SRA, way cheaper to bulletproof. The styling can go either way...loved the WS6 for the most agressive GM front end ever, but also liked the GTO for the grand touring-fly under the radar styling. The GTO was crazy loud but people never expected it to be coming from that car. Sorry for the novel, just my .02

Last edited by FryZ71; 12-06-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've owned both,

04 gto 6spd - bought it with 700 miles in 2008 and it was very enjoyable to drive. Ride was great, but they are known for little problems, like suspension bushings needing replaced (wearing out tires), the paint on the door handles on mine were coming off @7k miles (fixed under warranty) and the interior while seemingly nice (and it is), doesn't seem to age well(sad), sagging swede inserts (some in mine were @700miles), stitching in the seats come a part(not mine). Even with all the little "bad" things I still think they are great DD cars.

Fbody - who car argue, cheap, fast, fun. These don't age much better but they are cheap enough you can afford to fix what flaws they do have. Keep in mind the newest one you can buy is almost 12 years old. Crazy. I don't DD mine, though it's very capable of it.

For all out fun that'll get the job done - Fbody.
For comfort, a more enjoyable ride and all the features, you can't beat a goat.

Last edited by jsmith564; 12-08-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can't beat the sex appeal of the fbody.

Quick Reply: 4th gen F body or GTO