General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Anyone have experience importing a Canadian LSx car to the states?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 10:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have experience importing a Canadian LSx car to the states?

I live in Portland, OR and I'm looking for a V1 CTS-V. I see a lot of clean, low mileage cars in BC, but I have no idea what the cost or headache would be to bring one to the states. Anyone have any experience with this?
Old 07-23-2014, 10:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts

It can be a hassle but if you don't mind regulations and crossing all your T's etc... it can be done.
There is quite a bit of paperwork involved and US Customs is a pain. There is also significant $$$ layout too (taxes, fees). Here is an EPA link which is very important too. http://www.epa.gov/otaq/imports/canadian.htm
Apparently there is no problem if you are an illegal alien coiming in but God help you if you are a US citizen trying to bring in a vehicle.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NC01TA
It can be a hassle but if you don't mind regulations and crossing all your T's etc... it can be done.
There is quite a bit of paperwork involved and US Customs is a pain. There is also significant $$$ layout too (taxes, fees). Here is an EPA link which is very important too. http://www.epa.gov/otaq/imports/canadian.htm
Apparently there is no problem if you are an illegal alien coiming in but God help you if you are a US citizen trying to bring in a vehicle.

quoted for truth
Old 07-26-2014, 06:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i have done usa to canada, title of vehicle has to be at the border for 3 days before it can cross not that big of deal had 2 cars and a 4 wheeler from there just go down to my aunts in n.h for a week and fax a copy of the title to the border then drive back when the 3 days is up

Quick Reply: Anyone have experience importing a Canadian LSx car to the states?