General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

4.8 6.0 swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.8 6.0 swap

My names mike and I'm 2 hours new to the site. I own a 2002 rcsb 4.8 liter silverado and have decided to swap an lq9 6.0 liter motor in it. I came across this site while doing my research on the swap and have found the most knowledge, insight and facts through threads on ls1tech so I decided to join. I understand the knowledge on this swap is plentiful on this site, but I decided to ask specifically for the set up I'm doing so bear with me if this has been answered before, intro over I'll try and be quick here. My basic questions are what do I need for the swap computer wise, as well as transmission and mod advice/insight. 02 4.8, drive by cable (obviously). 07 lq9 is my planned motor which I believe is drive by wire, same computer and harness? Can I use my intake manifold and drive by cable set up on the new lq9? Can I retain my stock computer and harness rumor is it just needs to be flashed. Currently have a 4l60e doing away with it for either a 65 or an 80, advantage/disadvantage to each. Nothing crazy just a typical rebuild and shift kit so mods on trans are limited for me. Motor wise wanted a cam and intake manifold, but hung up on the manifold until I know about my throttle body, head work maybe down the lines but I'm not burning up the streets, want a cam with power and some noise but still a daily driver. Sorry for such a long post and anything else coming to mind I'll repost if I get answers. Again sorry for this I'm a new comer to the site I bet this is annoying for you guys thanks

Quick Reply: 4.8 6.0 swap