General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Exhaust Tip Problem: Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 06:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Tip Problem: Please Help

Ok, so I finally had my fist mishap with my car. Fortunately it's relatively minor. I had backed the rear end into a ditch. The after crying a little, I noticed the car was fine. But the exhaust tips were not. The tips were forced into the ground (dirt/grass). I cleaned them out and had a friend two me out. I hen got out to inspect the damage and noticed that the left tip was bent. It had turned from a circle into an oval of sorts. The bend only goes back a couple inches (pics below). I was very fortunate in that this was the only thing wrong. I was hoping for some advice on how to fix it. I am trying to avoid buying new tips.

Thanks,

Exhaust is listed below:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mp...t/model/camaro

Attached Thumbnails Exhaust Tip Problem: Please Help-unnamed-1-.jpg   Exhaust Tip Problem: Please Help-unnamed.jpg  
Old 09-09-2014, 05:50 PM
Launching!

I kinda like the oval one.... maybe you should bend the other one.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Try an exhaust shop, maybe they can put an expander in there and straighten out most of the bend? Just an idea...
Old 09-10-2014, 09:58 AM
Teching In

For a DIY, If you've got a big channel lock wrench, you may be able to squeeze it back into a circle. Put something soft between the channel locks and the pipe to avoid scratches.

You'd want to squeeze at the "points" of the oval throughout the squished part of the pipe, which should squish the pipe back into a circle.

If you want perfection, you may need professional equipment, or a replacement...

Last edited by ninety6; 09-10-2014 at 10:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Tip Problem: Please Help